Hot and Cold 2

One palace. Two souls.

Same place. Different People.

So close yet so far.

Two hearts both destroying themselves. One frozen, numb, betrayed. One burning in anguish, in pain.

You lie sprawled on the floor. Staring at the ceiling.

"Maybe you could save me? Pull me out of this darkness." You raised your right hand reaching out for something you could not see. Then you shut your eyes. "Maybe not. You didn't want me, right?."

You stayed like that for a few seconds before standing up. Your face is devoid of emotion. The clothes you currently wear were thrown on the bed and were replaced by the one that hangs in the corner of the room. You wore your old Auradon clothes. Leather suits you far better, you think. You slipped your fingerless gloves on your hands and put on your boots.

"I guess I have some unfinished business to take care of," you said to yourself. Before leaving, you made sure the mirror is safely tucked in your pocket. "Now I just need to find a ride home."

-----

The one in the icy chamber sat on her bed. Her cold hands clasped her knees. She stared absentmindedly in the space in front of her.

"What are we?" she whispered. "What am I to you? Am I just a replacement?"

She listened but no one answered her question. She felt her surroundings slowly getting colder until the heat completely disappeared. She hugged her knees tighter. 

"Please, don't go," she whimpered.

Tears began to flow from her orbs until she fell asleep from exhaustion.

When Elsa had woken up later, her eyes hurt from crying. She tried sensing your powers. Nothing. Even the smallest trace is gone. She didn't want to believe it. Did you really leave? Her heart felt like it was being crushed.

She decided to get out of her icy confines and went in front of the room you stayed at. She touched the door. Cold. She bit her lip, suppressing her tears. She put her hands on the knob and opened the door. She braced herself to what she's about to see.

The doors opened wide. She slumped on the floor and the tears she kept began falling once again. You weren't there. You abandoned her. All that was left was the clothes you wore. She reached for it and snuggled them.

The whole day Elsa was dazed. She hasn't eaten anything yet. She sat and waited for you in the dining room.

"Maybe we ran out of food and she went out to buy some." She thought. She waited and waited but you didn't come back.

She attempted to go back to your room, hoping you'd be there, sleeping. She hoped you simply woke up late and her eyes merely played a trick on her for not seeing you. But still... nothing.

She checked her room and the other spare area no one would use. Nothing.

She got on to the balcony, looked down in the gardens, and remembered that time she told you you'd visit her sister. She remembered throwing a snowball at you when you asked her if she's falling for you yet. That time she smiled. You didn't see, but she did. You made her heart skip a beat.

She ran outside. She recalled the first time you and she had talked. She thought of your pretty face. You were cautious back then. But she invited you and the two of you wandered around the village to help you be comfortable around her. You had piqued her interest then.

Elsa then left for the woods. This is where you had prepared a date for her. Your first date. It was magnificent. She never expected something like that. That was the first time somebody had set up something that special for her. Except for her sister of course. The flowers were still there. But you weren't. She smiled sadly.

She wandered a bit more and saw the place you and the others from Auradon fought. She recalled you saying she was your lover. This made her heart beat faster. But she's already an expert in hiding her feelings.

Then they kidnapped you. She wouldn't let them take you away from her. The way she was fighting for you proved it. 

When you came back, she cared for you the whole time you were unconscious. She sat by your side.

'I think I like you' she whispered in your ear but of course, you didn't know. you were unconscious after all.

A few days passed and you told her you would court her. She was so happy that time but she kept her cool. Once she was alone, her blush crept up her cheeks and she couldn't stop smiling.

But now, all of those things were just memories. You were gone. You left her.

"(Y/n). Please tell me I'm only having a nightmare. Please wake me up. I want you here by my side." Elsa pleaded.

Elsa roamed again. She ended up in the place that started it all. The place where she had found you. Her tears threatened to fall once more.

She found you. Once again. You were standing on the shore staring at the horizon.

"(Y/n)!!" she shouted and ran to you.

You turned and looked back at her.

"Elsa?"

She leaped to you and hugged your neck. You almost fell. You steadied yourself and embraced her waist.

Her tears trickled like a dam.

"Don't do that again! Please don't leave like that!"

"Why? I thought you hated me?"

She stared you in the eye. Her own already swollen from crying too much.

"I like you! Okay!? So don't leave me! I was furious because I like you!"

"What?" You were dumbfounded. Speechless.

"You heard me." She blushed.

"I like you too, Elsa." you smiled at her. "But I still have to leave. I have to finish things with Mal. I have to cut our ties completely so I wouldn't be unfair to you."

"How do you plan to go there?" She asked.

"Uhm… I'm thinking about it."

"Then…. I'll come with you. We can ride the Nokk, ''she said, determined.

"But-"

"No buts." She cut you off. "I'm your girlfriend so don't refuse anymore."

"Girlfriend?" 

She blushed.

"Do I have to repeat everything?" she turned her back on you.

You back hugged her.

"I won't disappoint, Elsa. I promise I'll take care of you."

She leaned on you and smiled.

"But we can't use your horse. We'll be needing a ship. The journey will be way, way, way farther than Arendelle. We can rest if we have a ship, unlike the Nokk."

She turned to you and cupped your cheeks. "Then let's find someone to repair your vessel."

------