29- The Last Word

Katrina and Barry sit at the table, staring into their mugs, not saying a word to one another, "No, No, No, I am having the worst day ever, we all can't be having the worst day ever, okay" Iris says as she sees their long faces, and sits down across from them. "I was really looking forward to getting some good complaining in" she adds.

"Well, fire away" Barry says as he leans back in his chair and wraps an arm around the back of Katrina's chair.

"Okay, well, turns out that the real reason they hired me is because they think I have some sort of connection to the Flash and Bolt, which I don't, not anymore" as Iris says this Katrina tenses up a little, and Barry lightly squeezes her shoulder. "And I've been teamed up with Mason Bridge, who is a legend, who I admired before he told me I was a worthless, talentless millennial" she tells them.

"Well, the people we admire aren't always who we'd like them to be" Barry says to her.
"Well said" Iris tells him.
"So I'm screwed" Iris then says.

"No, way, look if this Mason guy can't see what an amazing talented journalist you are, then he must be a very lousy writer" Katrina tells her as she takes a sip of her hot cocoa.

"He won the Pulitzer, twice" Iris says to her, "I think" she adds.
"Oh, well good for him" Katrina smiles and the three of them laugh.
"Thanks Kat, Barry, having two people who believe in me, it's a small, really, really big thing" Iris says to them.

"Hey it's no problem, you are our best friend Iris, you know we will always believe in you" Katrina says.

"I am going to go get myself a drink, and when I get back you two are gonna tell me what has made your day so bad" she smiles at them as she gets up from her seat and walk away.

As they watch Iris go to order a drink Barry's phone starts to buzz. They both look down to see that it was Dr Wells, "you should answer it in case it's an emergency" Katrina tells him.

"Hey, what's up I'm here with Kat" Barry says as he puts it on speaker.
"Listen to me Hartley escaped, he's loose in the facility" he tells the two of them.
"Okay" Barry says as he hangs up and the two of them just take off.

The both speed to STAR labs, and arrive to see Caitlin laying on the ground slowly trying to get up, "Caitlin, are you okay?" Katrina rushes over to help her up.
"Yeah, Cisco and Dr Wells" she says to them.
"You go find Dr Wells, I will look for Cisco" Barry says to Katrina, and she nods as they split up. Katrina rushes off, to find Wells alone in his chair.

"He's gone" he says to her and she knows he is referring to Hartley.
"Kat, we got Cisco" they then hear Caitlin say over the PA system.
"Are you okay?" Katrina asks Dr Wells.
"I will be fine Miss Ivory, go check on Cisco" he tells her and she can sense more, but doesn't push any further, as she walks away to go check on Cisco. Katrina finds Barry laying Cisco down on one of the hospital beds, and sits down on the other as they keep watch over Cisco. Caitlin gets to work going over his wounds, as they wait for him to wake up.

Cisco slowly opens his eyes to see Barry and Katrina looking down on him, "Hey welcome back Mr. Ramon" Barry says to him .

"Hey, oh ow" Cisco says as he slowly sits up.
"Take it easy" Katrina tells him.
"Caitlin" Cisco asks.
"She's fine" Barry tells him.
"You need to rest, you have a concussion, you're lucky" Caitlin comes over and tells him.

"Please tell me one of you got him?" Cisco then asks the speedsters.
Katrina and Barry both shake their heads no, "The attack on his family's company was a complete fake out, so that we would catch him" Katrina tells him.

"And give him direct access to STAR Labs" Caitlin says.
"But why?" Barry asks.
"Should've known he was up to something, this is my fault" Cisco says as he sits up.