49- Telepathic Gorilla

They gather in the cortex, where Caitlin and Cisco show them surveillance footage of Grodd, "Oh, Grodd is a gorilla" Barry remarks.
"Five years ago, Eiling and Wells were working on a project to expand soldier's cognitive abilities during battle" Cisco tells them.

"What we didn't realize that Eiling was trying to create soldiers with psychic abilities" Caitlin says to them.
"What do you mean, psychic?" Joe asks her.
"Eiling was trying to create these super-soldiers with telepathic and telekinetic capabilities" Cisco answers

"But when Wells found out about the terrible experiments Eiling was doing...he shut down the entire project" Caitlin explains.
"So, our psycho-killer has a soft spot for animals, that's sweet" Joe says.
"So, what happened to Grodd then?" Katrina asks.

"We don't know. After the particle accelerator exploded, I went down to check on him and his cage was empty" Caitlin tells her.
"So, he could have been affected by the same energy that hit Barry and Kat" Joe says to her.

"When the dark matter hit Grodd...all the drugs and serums that Eiling injected him and could've activated. Maybe the accelerator explosion created a meta-gorilla. I think we know what happen when a super-intelligent ape who's pissed off at humans escapes captivity" Cisco says getting a little excited.
"Cisco's right, about the first part" Caitlin says as she types on the computer in front of her, "This is the first brain scan that I did on Grodd" she then displays the scan for them to look at.

"Wow, the primary motor cortex, and Broca's area and lit up like a Christmas tree on this" Katrina remarks.
"From Eiling's experiments" Caitlin says, "And this is the brain scan that I just did on Eiling" she says displaying Eiling's scan. "His brain is lit up in the exact same way" she explains.

"So Grodd and Eiling are connected somehow" Joe says.
"I think that somehow Grodd is transmitting neural signals to Eiling's primary motor cortex. Mind control, telepathy, who knows what Grodd is capable of now" Caitlin tells him.
"What do we think Grodd wants? Revenge?" Barry asks.
"I do not like the fact that Wells rescued Grodd. I don't think it's a coincidence that this gorilla shows up...at the very same time we're looking for Wells" Joe says to the group.

"Grodd and Wells, always did have a special bond" Caitlin says.
"It wouldn't surprise me if Wells is using Grodd to distract us" Joe says, "If we find Grodd, we find Wells" he adds "If we find Wells"
"We find Eddie" Iris comes walking in saying, "And I'm gonna help" she says to them.

"Know anything about gorilla's?" Caitlin asks her.
"I just might" she smiles.
Iris goes over to one of the computers, "There have been reports of some sort of animal down in the sewers" she tells them.

"Mmm, alligators" Cisco says and they look over at him, "CHUDS, ROUS's. Am I the only one who watches movies around here?" he says.
"Uh, a few months ago, two sewer workers went missing. The search-party reported hearing strange, animal-like noises down in the tunnels" Iris explains.

"Where exactly did they go missing?" Barry asks her.
"Uh fifth avenue and tenth street" Iris tells him.
"There's an access point to the sewers about two blocks east of that intersection" Cisco says as he sits down at the computer in front of him.

"We'll start there" Barry then says.
"Not alone, I'll go too" Joe then says.

"Huh, wading through miles of rats, roaches, and human excrement? Count me out" Cisco says and Joe gives him a stern look, "Count me in" he then says.
"It's your monkey" Joe tells him.
"Umm...why don't you stay here" Barry says to Katrina. "I mean we don't know what we are walking into down there" he adds.

"No, I am not letting you go down there alone, trust me I can handle anything I meet in a sewer, Barry. I've come face to face with Killer Croc" she tells him.
"Wait....what?" Cisco then says to her.
"Long story, come on boys let's go find us a monkey" she says to the men as she walks away.