2

GRIFFIN E

GRIFFIN E. WALKER
September, 2014

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Leave it to me to end up in a situation that drags along more bad than good.

Please.

I guess some would say it's my speciality to fuck things up and for the most part, I do take pride in it. More often than not, it makes people tell me I'm fun and I'm insane and that their life would be boring without me in it. So, I take that as a positive and it makes me feel slightly better about myself.

Now, when it becomes an issue is the minute, I'm told that they had to pump my stomach due to the insane amount of alcohol laced with fuck knows what, just circulating in my system. First night out back at university and I end up in hospital. Yep. That's me. I'm Griffin. Nice to meet you. The pleasure is all mine, of course.

I didn't remember much when I woke up and the first person, I saw was my best friend. She still had last night's dress on, she looked a little worn out or shall I say she looked horrendous with her makeup all over her face and bags darker than the colour of my hair? That'd be a bit too nasty, right?

"When I said we have to enjoy our final year, this wasn't what I meant," she said softly although it came off a little bit condescending. That was just her caring. Which I couldn't get used to, not even five years after knowing her. Caring was her strongest yet weakest trait. It served her right the same way it served her wrong.

"Well, at least you'll have something to tell your children, right?" I cracked a smile as I closed my eyes. Everything hurt but I didn't complain. I was alive, after all. And, as I've mentioned, if I could be talked about as someone who lights up any and every situation, then what more could I ask from life? Being the happy, cheery, hilarious friend was my only purpose on this planet, I was sure of it.

"You almost got stabbed and that's all you have to say?" she asked me seriously, almost as if she couldn't grasp how I was so chilled out. To be honest, it was most likely from how exhausted I was and, the beeping that came from the machines in the room, also seemed to distract me. Not to mention the fact, that thinking about what happened at the party gave me a headache.

"Wasn't the first time, was it?" I dropped the question and managed to bring back all the memories from our first year. I suppose I started and ended my university experience with a knife involved. Quite an insensitive topic but it happens a lot more than people actually believe. Somehow, I'm always at the wrong place at the wrong time. My luck. "Look. You were there. I don't know how, but you were. And then Wes showed up and boom. I was saved."

"I hate that you are taking this so lightly. But I'm very relieved that you are okay enough to do that," she sighed and I felt her squeeze my hand. Like I said, she cared too much for everyone's good. She was a true mother-like-figure and I wasn't sure what I would have done if I didn't have her around.