17

HARRY E

HARRY E. STYLES
November, 2014

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The rest of my day took a complete turn. One, that no one could have expected. At least, it was absolutely mind boggling to me. Seemed a little ridiculous but then somehow, it also made a bit of sense. I mean, doubt anyone would have ever thought that I would bail on my girlfriend to have dinner and a few drinks with Griffin Walker but it happened and honestly?

I was not mad.

No reason to lie, it was pretty difficult for me to come to terms with the fact that she was not half as bad as my mind painted her to be. Sure, she still had the side of her that made me want to bash my head into the wall, repeatedly until I got a concussion. However, when she tucked that side of her under the belt, she was pretty tolerable.

Or perhaps that was the pitcher talking. Two for twelve was my favourite deal and it turned out that the witch shared that with me. It called for a few seconds of awkwardness when we agreed and some would even refer to it as us boding over something as small as that.

Also, just a little side note, the simple reason I agreed to this was because staying at that event would have pissed me off more and caused further damage. My relationship was already hanging on by a thread and pulling on it, didn't seem like the greatest idea.

Spoons on the other hand? Best idea.

The house wasn't the biggest fan of the pub whereas I would've sat there for the whole day, only leaving when forced out, absolutely steaming. It honestly sounded like a dream to me but no one shared that with me. Doing it alone would've been depressing as fuck and definitely not something I would have done.

Then, annoyingly, it turned out that maybe I wasn't so alone after all. Griffin seemed to know the staff here and she was quite proud of that. She got along with them so well that she managed to get herself a free cookie dough and even shared it with me.

Now that scared me.

She was more than tipsy but she was definitely not as drunk as she'd usually get on a night out. She had the two pitchers, we did two shots each and then she ordered herself a Strongbow Dark Fruit to 'wash it all down'. That's what I blamed her kindness on because if I let myself believe that she was just that nice in general, I knew that my mind would begin to play tricks on me again.

Our current conversation was all about uni work and how much she dreaded all the shit she had to do. Honestly, the way we chatted so casually was kind of weird at first because I was more used to us arguing than anything else but then something changed and I kind of became a lot more relaxed.

"Ugh. Don't," she groaned and rolled her eyes, making me chuckle as she leaned forward to grab her drink. We sat in a booth, a little secluded from everyone else which made for the perfect little gossip corner. "This lad in my classes... he always asks people how much of their work they've done like mate, I haven't even started."