24

GRIFFIN E

GRIFFIN E. WALKER
June, 2020

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The next morning, Harry went home. He said he needed to change clothes after sleeping in my pyjamas. It was kind of amusing to see him go through my wardrobe, pulling out bottoms and shirts, trying to find something that fit him. He ended up in the Monsters Inc. set, the one that I wore when he tried to get us to have phone sex. He laughed as he pulled it on, modelled it for me for a while so I could take pictures of him then crawled into bed with me.

Whilst he was away, I woke myself up with a lazy breakfast of cereal. Crunching on the granola, I opened the window in my study, turning my laptop on to get some things done. Glancing at my to do list, there were a bunch of things I did not want to do.

At the top, it said 'Find Nadine' with a circle around it, highlighted in pink and two black exclamation marks bracketed it. That was clearly my top priority. It has been for a while. After hearing what Harry had to say, the reason behind his disappearance a few days ago, I knew that I had to locate the woman. Not only because her safety was at risk but also to get answers. As expected, this process was slightly difficult with how well she managed to fall off the face of the earth. No doubt this also disadvantaged Sagar.

Next, I had to call Rachel then my cousin. The first one to check when I was set to go back to work and how things would be rolling from now on. The second to simply talk. He's been giving me some space since everything that happened, he knew that I had to deal with it on my own, at a pace that felt the most comfortable. I was glad that he didn't expect too much from me and that he was so lenient with me.

Munching on my breakfast, Ollie called me not too long after I got into some researching. I shut my laptop closed and chatted to him for a good hour and a half. We haven't had the chance to hang out in what felt like forever so in order to make up for it, he was sure to fill me in on a little something he's been planning for a while. A garden party. Said he missed his friends so much he couldn't go any longer without us all in the same place.

That party was today.

Although the bruises on my face were fading much faster than on my stomach, and my best friend couldn't see it through the camera, I was slightly shy to go out in fear of it really showing. Last night with Harry was different because he knew what happened and it was late at night, meaning people didn't stop to look or wonder. Whilst makeup existed and I could just cover it up, I wasn't sure how Harry felt about tagging along with me.

Ollie sent me his address and a time to get there by and then let me do my job. Texting Harry in the middle of it, I asked him if he wanted to come with me and if he did, then he needed to bring another set of clothes. After that, I placed my phone down and actually tried to tick some things off of my list.

There were some emails which I flew through. Next, Rachel and I talked for a while. It started off a little awkward, almost like we never spoke before but were forced to share very deep, personal things with the other. Eventually, that feeling faded and we clicked back to normal. Meanwhile she didn't directly say it, her words revealed there was something in the planning and it had to do with Sagar. Clearly, the woman was no longer the person she was when they started working together and by the order of Rachel's father, the connection between her and us was going to be broken. I didn't know details, perhaps it was in my best interest to really stay out of it this time, but it sounded dangerous...