5

HARRY E

HARRY E. STYLES
March, 2020

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Griffin Walker never did show the next day.

At first, she was late. Devotion was packed, buzzing with life as I ordered a glass of whiskey, then four more. It made sense that she'd be late. I was aware that she could've been working, making it the reason why she wanted us to meet there, and something could've come up.

Of course, she never showed. Instead, she sent me a dancer, much like promised when we made the deal the night before, and so naturally, my night was sorted.

It was a nice way to link myself back into the working life. My whole week was blocked out, other than the weekend which was nice. Working at a restaurant as a chef was thrilling and it brought me joy because I could do what I loved the most. Though the hours were long, almost never-ending, I don't think I would've done anything else.

Once I got off work, I drove home and had the biggest, warmest bath there ever was. Wesley was home, working away in his room so there were absolutely no interruptions to my alone time. Finding it relaxing to have cold champagne as the bubbles swallowed me up, some light music was also playing in the background to set the mood.

Just as the skin on my hands turned to looking like raisins, I got out and wrapped myself in a towel, reaching for my phone as it buzzed against the sink. It turned out to be a text, from none other than Griffin herself. It made me furrow my eyebrows as my eyes ran over the message: I need help. That's all it said. Not a minute later, another message popped up under it, an address displayed against the grey text bubble.

Without even thinking twice about it, my fingers replied, saying I was on my way. Quickly dressing in sweats and a hoodie, I slipped into my Nike shoes and I was out the door. Wesley opened it as I sat in my car, shouting at me to ask where I was headed in such hurry but all he ended up getting was a quick 'somewhere', before I put my seatbelt on and left.

I had no idea what to expect. The address seemed familiar yet nothing visible came to mind. Truthfully, I was simply following the GPS and hoped for the best. Griffin was quite a dry texter, if that makes sense. She texted without emotions. In the past, she'd always be dead blunt and it'd put me on the spot, not leaving much to think of regarding a reply. So, meanwhile my mind tried to make me think of bad scenarios, deep down I told myself everything was fine and her text wasn't as serious.

Pulling up outside a tall building, suddenly, I had no idea where I was. It felt strange to park the car and get out. Making sure there were no others coming on the road, I picked up the pace and crossed over. Almost like she saw me nearing through the big glass doors, she pushed it open and smiled at me. My chest deflated at the sight of her being in one piece and unharmed.

"Hey," she greeted me, standing in jeans and a top, a denim jacket over it.

"Griffin. Are you okay?" I questioned, my voice laced with worry even though she seemed fine. She also wasn't going to tell me if she wasn't fine but I had to ask.