18

GRIFFIN E

GRIFFIN E. WALKER
May, 2020

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Most of the decisions made in my life were last minute. It led me to university, it led me to my job. It allowed me to experience things that otherwise wouldn't have happened.

Things like travelling to France for a day, for example. 

Callum called me to let me know he had an event to go to and he would've liked it very much if I decided to tag along. Nothing specific was mentioned, simply it being a 'work thing' which explained just about enough. My immediate answer was a yes, not only to satisfy my curious side but also to put it out of its misery.

The fight between me and Harry was horrible. Remembering the last time, we argued like that was difficult as it happened so long ago, though the pleasure it once brought me was not the case this time around. Obvious feelings stood in the way of that, which wasn't the case in the past. Telling him to leave after he revealed in anger that he had no idea why he bothered with me, swayed my heart in my chest like a boat out on the sea in a storm. Although he did not go immediately, when the front door of my apartment slammed shut, my body jolted and feeling helpless, I allowed the sobs to shake my shoulders.

So, this trip to France came at the right time. I couldn't not accept the offer.

Arriving at the airport, the holiday feeling hit me in the chest. Sun cream, the smell of the ocean, sunsets, the light summer breeze, the smell of the pool at the resort. That's all I could sense. I haven't been on a holiday in the longest time and even though this wasn't a holiday either, travelling still made me happy.

Feeling my arm tugged towards a door, I furrowed my eyebrows as Callum continued to walk by my side, not saying anything. Questioning him was no use because he had a selective hearing. Definitely one of the most annoying traits of his.

Eventually, when we stopped, it was by a black Range Rover, a man dressed in a suit with a hat on his head and gloves on his hands opening the door for me. My cousin sat in from the other side after he nodded towards the staff. Getting in, he was already typing on his phone whilst I sat there like a dumb bitch, not knowing what was happening.

"We're flying private?" the question fell from my lips with ease, almost without thinking of it. That was the only reasonable explanation for why we needed to get in the car and be driven somewhere.

Callum hummed, not particularly phased by the realisation that hit me as he was used to travelling this way.

This is some next level shit, the thought came to me. Imagining this lifestyle was different to actually experiencing it. Not sure if I found it underwhelming or if I was simply too stunned to process the whole idea but as we neared towards the aircraft, my breath hitched in the back of my throat.