21

HARRY E

HARRY E. STYLES
December, 2014

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Never having been one to sit around and wonder, everything I did after Griffin Walker left was in order to solve this headache of mine. Significantly calmer once on my own, the situation has become much clearer. It was either true or false. It was pretty black and white which only seemed so simple to me when I let myself realise what was happening.

Drama wasn't my thing. Worrying over things that can be easily solved with a conversation was pointless, basically stupid, and this was one of those instances. Being twenty and so close to finishing my education, it was rather out of character for me to engage in such petty arguments with someone who was supposedly my girlfriend. For the past handful of weeks, everything that happened between us, felt childish. The way we were acting was annoying and becoming boring. The fact that Nadine left in a middle of an argument, pissed me off quite a lot. I knew we were not going to sort it out until she'll come back to London but by then, it will be nothing worth talking over so we'll be back to our usual self.

It was a constant cycle. Argue. Leave. Forget. Back to normal.

My text was rather long, well-worded in my humble opinion and very straight to the point. I made it my mission to mention my distaste towards the fact that she left before we could've sorted out anything as well as indicating that I was tired of it. Somewhere in there, although quite shamefully, I slipped in that it might be best for us to take things slower and even consider a break. Adding that it was not my intention to do this over a text but since she did not pick up the phone for a while now, this was the best I could do.

She read it instantly.

And then she called me right away.

For a moment, I thought I'd let it ring and watch another movie. Giving her a taste of her own medicine would've served her right, however, to reiterate, this was childish. And so, I picked up.

"You want to break up?" she asked me right away, accusing me of everything under the sun and the moon, the whole sky even. It caused me to sigh, being at fault yet again for something that was going to be better for us than this constant bickering.

"Hello to you too."

"Quit the bullshit, Harry. I asked you a question."

"You quit the bullshit. I never said I wanted to break up yet you're accusing me of it," I spoke, defending myself.

"Taking a break is pretty much a softened version of breaking up," she said smartly. Breaking up didn't come close to what the meaning was behind my idea of a break. It really was just us taking some time apart and rethinking everything. Being away for the holidays was a great start, I just assumed that letting her know about it happening would be smart so she would not reach out nor would she be offended by my lack of efforts.