12

GRIFFIN E

GRIFFIN E. WALKER
November, 2014

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

As soon as November rolled around, so did my need to drop out of university. It was a continued reoccurrence in my life. I wanted to drop out every other week but this time around, it was worse because so was the stress on my back.

That's where clubbing came into the picture. A simple message sent to the groupchat of people I have met throughout university, more specifically during night outs, and my evening was sorted. It was Wednesday, which meant early entry into Eclectic. Honestly, most students went there, it had the best drinks and best music. Perhaps the prices were laughable, that's why prinks came in handy. Get fucked up at home and you get to enjoy the music all night, without having to spend ridiculous amount on alcohol.

Tonight, though, something a little more than alcohol was needed. Sorting my business with someone as close as Wesley Atkins was risky but also much safer than doing it with some randomer. Once my order went through, I knew he'd have it done by the time I had gotten ready. Never took that too far, by the way. Whacked on some mascara, did a bit of magic on the lids and added a bit of colour to my lips, curled my hair until it stayed in place and voila. I was done for the night. I'd sweat it off by the time I'd get home so it didn't matter to me too much.

Which was my plan. Yep. Sweat it off. One way or another, I knew I'd find a lost soul, someone who needed a distraction as much as my miserable self. Obviously, there was a certain standard they had to hit but that's why Eclectic was my choice of club majority of the time. Fitties everywhere.

Around half nine, I decided to get the bus to Wesley's to gather my things. With prinks being at Megan's house, who was one of the girls I usually went out with, I needed some time to get there and then get to the club.

Once my fist collided with the wood, it was a waiting game. Someone inside the house screamed and then another person screamed back which finally led to the door opening.

"Who's there?" Harry opened the door. And he went straight into a knock knock joke. Because I knocked, in case no one caught onto it like I did. It shouldn't have come as a surprise, seeing as he was quite the fan of those. The night it was my job to make sure he did not freeze to death, he showcased his wide range of jokes, pretty much all of them of one kind.

"Says."

"Says who?"

"Says me, that's who—now move out of my way," I squeezed myself past him and manoeuvred my way into the kitchen. The living room was empty and where else would hungry uni students be if they are not watching telly but it stinks of food cooking? Yep. Kitchen.

"Griff?" Nadine seemed surprised to see me which made me assume Wes didn't announce my coming over. It didn't bother me too much, the less people knew the better. "Wow. You're stunning!"