14

GRIFFIN E

GRIFFIN E. WALKER
May, 2020

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Today had to be the absolute worst day in probably the longest time.

Well, perhaps since my birthday. Which was two weeks ago. Everything kind of changed after that and I could see it, feel it, taste it and even almost touch it.

Feeling some sort of déjà vu as I got in my car, I reached for my phone and dialled Harry's number. Similar to the night when I met Sagar on a one-to-one occasion, the only person who was of any interest to me, happened to be him. Somehow, the thought of being in his company seemed to resolve all of my issues. My mind liked to remind me of the comfort he brought me and in such a stressful time, that was the only thing it craved.

It took him three beeps to pick up the phone.

"Hey."

"Hi, what's up?" he responded. Just the sound of his voice made today better. I kind of hated the thought of that because it meant that I relied on him for something. Relying on someone involves feelings, whether they are small or not.

"Nothing much," I sighed. "Hey, um, are you... busy?"

"Yeah, just hanging out with Katherine," he responded. Bummer. Perhaps my weekly Harry dosage will have to be postponed. "Why?"

"It doesn't matter," I replied. "Didn't mean to interrupt you guys."

"Are you okay? You sound a little under the weather."

"Yeah, I'm fine," I told him, chuckling to make it more believable. I wasn't fine. I felt overwhelmed. There was a lot on my mind, things that I couldn't talk to anyone about. "I'll let you get back to her, then."

"Hey, you can talk to me," his voice changed as he said that. He sounded much more sincere, if that makes sense. The stiffness, the little edge he had in all those other responses, those disappeared. He sounded like the Harry I needed. "I may be a little drunk but that makes me a good listener and an honest opinion giver."

"I'm sure it does," I chuckled. "I just wanted to see you but you're busy so it's okay."

"You wanted to see me?"

"Mhm... had a crappy day."

"To be honest, so have I," his voice dropped, sounding heavy and full of emotion. "I suppose you'd have to come over because, well, I've had a few."

"I don't want to interrupt your time with Katherine, though. Taking you away from her would only make her dislike me more."

"And you care about her opinion?" he laughed, finding it entertaining. I didn't care that much. I just wanted to sound like a considerate person. "Just come over... if you still want to see me."