29

HARRY E

HARRY E. STYLES
January, 2015

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Locked up in one of the silent study rooms at the library, I was neck deep in essays that were due sooner than I'd have liked it. I decided to do a study day, right from nine in the morning until whenever I could hold out.

Cracking my neck as it turned from side to side, I picked up my phone and leaned back in the chair. As I unlocked the device, I saw a text from my brother who was wondering how long I'd be staying with him because he needed me gone. Groaning, I ignored him and placed my phone back down. Since coming back to London, I had absolutely no desire to be in the same house as my girlfriend or the others in general. It was cowardly of me to hide out like that and remain at a distance from everyone but I wasn't ready.

In all honesty, I did not want to deal with whatever was to come. Being at home and not having the time to overthink what happened was nice. Much like the time I spent with Griffin. Her company was surprising. Never allowing myself to see her for who she really was, letting that wall drop and spending some time together to know more about her showed me a side that I assumed not many knew. She was carefree with a sense of humour I found myself relating to. Even though she played it off cool with an outer cover of being cold as a winter night, she felt like a summer evening, warm and inviting.

Hanging out with her was definitely an experience. It happened every day, the only time we spent apart being the nights we went home to sleep. The high dosage of her company was strangely refreshing. I couldn't have explained why, though. That was the worst part of it. Katherine reassured me that I didn't need to reason everything that happened, I should've just let it be. If I was happy and it made me feel good, then that was all that mattered.

And I felt good. I haven't done some of the things we did in a long time. Going bowling and visiting the art gallery were only couple of the things we jotted down and ticked off of our to do list. Once she reminded me of my comment about London having the nicest little hidden restaurants, I made sure to act as a tour guide and take her to all of my favourite ones. Thinking of food, a smile crept on my face as I remembered back to the afternoon where we—or shall I say I—made a cheesecake because, apparently, she was in the mood for that. She kept forcing me to do it, teasing me about how I was a younger Gordon Ramsay and even if I haven't made cheesecake before, I'd do a better job than she would. Nevertheless, she ate two slices of it and asked if she could take the rest home. I let her.

The last time we saw each other was the last time we spoke. It had been weird. Not the first few days. But the ones that came later. A week after not hearing her voice or seeing her face, I felt a little strange. It wasn't obvious at first because the feeling of emptiness in my chest could've been due to a lot of reasons. Then it hit me one morning when I checked my phone and didn't see a text from her about our plan for the day. She'd always remind me in the morning, just asking me what time we're meeting up and where, even though we always planned it the day before. It made me chuckle and I found it amusing. I made a comment about it once and it happened to embarrass her which was something I'd never seen before. Griffin Walker never got embarrassed yet I managed to make it happen. Her cheeks turned red and she stuttered, picked at her nails and peeled back the skin on her bottom lip with her teeth.