1

HARRY E

HARRY E. STYLES
March, 2020

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Sunshine and blue skies, people chattering and nerves running high, the big day was here. Nude coloured chairs sat around circle tables, dressed in white fabric. Some of them had miniature trees in the middle, white, soft pink petals covering the branches, some roses and other flowers pooled around the bottom. Trees decorated in the corners, the glass railing also kitted out to fit the theme of the event with white birds hooked onto a string, hanging down.

Final touches on the decoration, positioning chairs and curtains properly, the guests were bound to turn up at any moment. The wedding plan in my hands, I ran my eyes over the itinerary. According to the timeline, my sister and her husband were taking their portrait photos together right now. This will be followed up by the wedding party and family photos so instantly, I made my way towards the location.

My brother was already there, his head deep in the screen of his phone. He had a date with him, apparently a girlfriend. Honestly, it was never clear with him. He kept mentioning how he thought about some girl from years ago. He only ever hooked up with her but left such a mark on him that he was still pining after her. Not that he had any idea who she was or where he could find her. Most of the time, I zoned out. The few times we met, we had better conversations yet somehow, it always came up. Nightmare.

Our mother and father were close by. I think they wanted to make sure the big day of their first born went accordingly and was nothing less than perfect. Knowing my sister, she had contingency plans in case anything happened so really, it was only our parents who were worried.

Soon after Ellie and Matt were done with their photos, the family hurdled in. We did one big family one, then just the parents with the bride and groom, then just one side of the family, then the families with just the bride and then just the groom. It went on for-fucking-ever. I applauded the photographer for taking all these requests. Then again, as long as he was getting paid for it—which he was, indeed—I don't think he minded much.

After the photos, we had a little break as the guests arrived. On the invitation, I remembered it was supposed to be half five but I was told the ceremony would start at least fifteen minutes later to make sure everyone was present. My sister put me and our brother up to welcome guests and help them to their seat if needed. Needless to say, Alexander spent his precious time shoving his tongue down his not-girlfriend's throat so the task fell to me.

At quarter to six, everyone settled. The bridesmaids and groomsmen were in their position as well as the best man and the maid of honour. It may not have been my wedding, but the stress rushing through me all day, made it feel that way. It prepared me for my own day, that's for sure.

As planned, me and my brother walked our mother to her seat and then we sat by her before dad joined us, too. He was clearly emotional, giving her daughter 'away'. I gripped his shoulder in support and smiled at him before I turned my attention back onto my sister. She looked absolutely stunning. Even though it was probably impossible, my eyes more than likely deceiving me, I did see the tiniest little bump, hidden underneath her dress. She was pregnant and she told me I was the first one to know.