30

GRIFFIN E

GRIFFIN E. WALKER
July, 2020

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Harry and Nadine had a kid.

An actual human being, who was half Harry and half Nadine.

His name was Finley Miller because Nadine didn't want to give him his father's last name since Harry wasn't present to agree to it. In fact, the woman had no intentions of telling him that he had a son. She believed that it was better if Finley stayed a secret because no one knew of his existence other than Zayn and now, me.

After I met the little boy, I couldn't stay there much longer. I told Nadine I wanted to speak to her about a lot more than what we covered and, even though it took a bit of persuasion and some harsh words, she nodded to it. I let her know I'll be staying the night and I will want to see her tomorrow at some point.

I had to process everything that happened today. Starting with the fact that she's changed a fuck ton and the woman I was speaking to for a couple of hours, was a completely different person to who I expected to find here. She looked okay and safe and, as far as I could tell, she was not in any harm. Clearly, with the amount of security around her at all times, she was in very good hands and, considering that she managed to stay hidden and alive for so long, I knew I didn't have to fear for her well-being.

Reflecting on the matters as they were brought to my attention, Zayn was a part of her family. They've known each other longer than I've known Nadine and the man was around a lot more than I imagined. Even though Nadine said he wasn't spying on me, he pretty much was spying on me for a long time. I wasn't sure how he managed to blend into the shadows so well but I guess that made him quite successful at his job as well as kept him alive. When he was after Harry, he made a mistake and he got caught because he was noticed. After that, he backed down and retreated to wherever Nadine and Finley were staying. France was not a planned trip for him, when he met me there and when he helped, it was pure instinct.

One of the biggest pills to swallow, had to be Finley. I mean, putting it all together as I laid on the bed at the hotel, she must've gotten pregnant with him around the end of university. Harry told me they ended things on good terms but just how good were those terms?

I didn't blame them or the kid. Not just because I had no right but also because it was clear to me that neither of them planned for a baby. Harry got the shivers at the thought of becoming a dad at his current age, I was pretty certain he wasn't ready for one when he was twenty-one. Him and I also weren't together when they probably hooked up so I had no right to be jealous, either.

But he was a dad.

When I needed a distraction from it all, I ended up calling him. He was hanging out with my cousin, shopping around London and having a nice day. While I found out he had a secret baby with his ex-girlfriend.