2

GRIFFIN E

GRIFFIN E. WALKER
March, 2020

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

One never truly recovers from the loss of a person they thought could give them the world. The feelings they light up within them is unlike any they ever felt before, and, in most cases, one that no other could ever replicate. Although it is said that time heals and reassures us of a better future, it seemed only somewhat true. Meanwhile it was easier to go about my days, and thinking of 'what could have been' didn't take up my entire day anymore, it was still present. The burn may heal but it leaves a scar. A scar that reminds you of the burn that was there. So, it never really leaves and time never really heals.

The day of Ellie Styles' wedding was kind of a blur to me. Arriving as my cousin's plus one, after his girlfriend was not able to attend, was clear to me. Once I walked past a table, bursting with tall glasses filled with bubbly, golden liquid... well, let's just say that it was the first mistake of the day. The second one was definitely the moment I decided to take a peek at Harry, just so my mind could calm down and stop its wretched wondering. The third mistake was not leaving straight after the ceremony. Callum told me it would've been disrespectful, not to mention waste of food. So, I stayed. Following on from that, flirting with Harry was my fourth mistake. In my defence, the minute I bumped into him on my way to find the toilet, I felt like I was beginning to lose self-control. From that came the sneaky little play I put on for him as he danced away with Wesley Atkins. Next, my fifth mistake was made by leaving the main room and finding that roomy little storage where he followed me towards. It led us to the sixth, and perhaps biggest mistake of it the night, us having sex.

Yep.

Definitely not how I ever thought it would happen. Not saying my expectations included a romantic dinner then a candle-lit bath with rose petals peppered all over the bathroom and swimming in the water. However, getting it on in a random room at his sister's wedding was also not the idea. Nevertheless, it happened. It happened and even though it deemed to be a mistake, it was one of my best mistakes. It really, truly was.

After it happened, we both got dressed quickly. He didn't want to give me my underwear back so I had to wrestle him down to steal it from his pocket. I told him how much of a weirdo that made him, seeing as we were nothing but strangers. Then, proceeding to ask if he stole other strangers' knickers, he shut up and rolled his eyes. I won that argument and then disappeared.

Not much else stuck. I know Callum dropped me off at home and made sure I locked the front door before he left, but that was about it. Oh, about living situations—seeing as he got promoted at work, he decided it was time for him to move. The apartment was completely paid off and once I got a job and was able to pay the bills for electricity and all that annoying, adulty stuff, he changed his name to mine. While it was still his property, I was the only one living there. Not long after he moved out, he told me the mysterious girlfriend was moving in with him and since then, those two have been together.