36

GRIFFIN E

GRIFFIN E. WALKER
January, 2021

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Tonight, was one of the most nerve-wracking evenings of my life.

I was sure of it.

Almost five months ago, I made it my life's mission to get to where I am standing today. It didn't happen without hard work, some amazing links to people and all the money I invested when I still worked at Devotion.

But it was here. It was worth every single day and night and even neglecting sex for, sometimes, weeks on end.

Having left my job at Devotion, I had done so with a lot of people who were more than happy to help me set up my own club. It was a matter of money and that, I had. Thankfully, it was quite a fast process with the links I've had to help me, though definitely not without the 'I hope you know what you're doing' and 'this business is challenging and you're going up against your past job, who's essentially your biggest competitor' comments.

I didn't care.

I wasn't doing it to be the best. I was doing it because managing a club of my own was a goal I desperately wanted to reach. I was doing it because I knew it had the potential to bring me immense amount of satisfaction. If it was going to end up being the better of the two, then that's great.

Plus, my club was not a Gentlemen's Club. It was a simple nightclub.

After the hardest six months of my life, I needed to do something that was purely for me and didn't end in explosions, guns fired and blood spilled. Deciding to leave Callum and Rachel and Devotion and all of those people and places behind was the best decision I have made in a while. I didn't quite realise the choke hold it had on me in until I was out.

The last day I spent in that environment, was also the day Harry's sister gave birth. It was quite theatrical, if you ask me. I left that part of my life behind and in turn, a new one was born into the world. Quite literally symbolising my own rebirth.

Ellie's baby turned out to be a girl and she looked like a freshly boiled potato. The one with the red skin? Yeah. Exact replica. I could barely hold my laughter back when we were shown pictures. Harry got the text an hour late and we also needed to get back home to change to look appropriate—or maybe it was more for me.

Afterall, I did have Sagar's filthy blood on my jeans.

But once that was done, we swapped cars so Harry could drive and we arrived much later than anyone else. The baby was sleeping or eating at the time so Harry's mother showed us the first photos of the little girl.

The woman still intimidated me. I wasn't sure what it was—whether or not her ultimate kindness threw me off or the simple fact that she was Harry's mother. But I found myself crawling back into my shell a little bit whenever she was around.