Chapter 22-Jagiya

Jeongyeon's POV

"I-I am p-pregnant?" I said not so sure if I heard it right.

"Yes Ms. Yoo. You are 10 weeks pregnant." The doctor just confirmed it.

I am still confused about what is happening. As soon as I woke up, Jihyo is the first person I saw sitting beside my bed. She told me what happened in the funeral 5 days ago and why I am here lying on the hospital bed. I am quite thankful since I felt better now. I felt like my body is more relaxed after having a good amount of rest.

She already informed be that Jimin's family already sent him off. I am a bit disappointed because I didn't have the chance to attend the ceremony to be with Jimin until the last day but that was all brushed out of me once I heard the news from doctor. What bothers me more now is the fact that I am with child.

"A-Are you sure?"

"Yes I am very sure Ms. Yoo. After hearing from your friend Jihyo that you've been experiencing some symptoms of pregnancy few weeks ago, we ran some tests to confirm it. and it is said that you were carrying for 10 weeks now."

"When they brought you here, you are in a very serious situation that we needed to attach some oxygen to support your body. You deprived yourself from a proper amount of rest and foods that caused your body to break down. Luckily, your baby is as strong as you that he managed to hold on."

I know I have to expect this to happen but I never thought it now. Now that Jimin is gone, I didn't expect to hear this news. I never thought that those suspicions from Jimin of me becoming pregnant will happen the time where I will no longer has the chance to tell him.

"But I thought I am just experiencing those things because of my illness."

"Your state is quite confusing since your illness have same symptoms with your pregnancy, but the only difference is that you were already haven't gotten your period and your changing of eating habit."

Jihyo jumped out of her seat that startle me. "I told you Jeongyeon-ah..." she said with full of excitement. "Aish, I knew it. I am having my period just 1 week earlier than you so I know when you will have yours."

"Good thing you are always with her Jihyossi." Jihyo nodded in response to the doctor. "So, I have to leave you now. Congratulations Ms. Yoo." He said and I involuntarily nodded.

When the doctor make his way out of the room, I was left speechless. I still couldn't figure out what how to deal with all of these. It feels like I am in a huge sinking ship and I don't know how to escape from it.

"Jeongyeon-ah... I am so happy for you." Jihyo hugged me. I can feel her happiness within. But I myself couldn't figure out how to react. I'm still here, mourning for Jimin's death and now will be expecting a child in me.

"Jeongyeon, aren't you happy? You will be having a baby."

"Jihyo-yah... this baby..." I look at her with a blank face. "W-why? Why now?"

"Why not?"

"I didn't have the chance to tell this to Jimin. If he's here, he might be so happy."

"Jeongyeon-ah..."

"I don't know what to do Jihyo... I'm sick... and this baby will be sick too."

Jihyo hold me tightly in my arms and forced me to look at her closely. "Get treated in New York."

A tear started to fall down on my face. All the emotions that I couldn't figure out went out in a series of tears. I closed my eyes and feel the moment of her palm cupping my face.