Chapter 26- Mysterious Lover

Author’s POV

After visiting Jimin in the cemetery, Jeongyeon brought her daughter to the place she promised to her. The park near the han river. At the very spot where Jeongyeon first laid her hands to Jimin’s body and save him from drowning.

“Eomma? What are we doing here?” The little girl asked when her mother brought her to the park.

“Did you remember the time I told you about how I met your father?” Chaeyoung nod.

“Almost every night, you made it as my bedtime stories. How can I forget those?” Jeongyoen laughed because of her daughter.

“This is the place where our love story started, sweetheart.” Jeongyeon tried to recall the day when she met Jimin.

Jeongyeon: “Hey! Are you nuts? Did you just throw yourself under the water like that? What are you thinking? Are you okay? Do you feel any pain?”

Jimin: “Who are you?”

Jeongyeon: “I am your guardian angel. I just jump from that bridge trying to help a guy who jumped thinking he is a superhero with superpowers

Jimin: “I didn’t tell you to save me.” Jimin said that make the girl look at her with eyes wide open.

Jeongyeon: “Daebak! Instead of thanking me, now you are scolding me for saving you? Unbelievable!” Jeongyeon said being extremely surprise with the guy’s behavior.

She chuckle as she reminds herself about their first encounter. “Your dad jump from that bridge.” Pointing out the huge bridge in front of them. “And here, in this spot. I lay his body and save him.”

“Eomma…” Jeongyeon hummed in response. “This place must be very special to you.”

“Yes, sweetheart. It is very special to me. This is also the place where your appa proposed to me.”

Chaeyoung became silent after hearing all of those from her mother. Even at the very young age, she can feel how her mother is feeling right now.

“Why are you so quiet?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Eomma,,, can you tell me more about appa?”

“But I already told you everything about him.”

“I feel like, I still don’t know anything about him. I only know how your love story went through but you didn’t told me anything personally about him.”

Jeongyeon lower herself to her child. “Jinjja? What do you want to know about him?”

“Everything.”

“Aigoo…Why do I think that I am going to get jealous from your appa.”

“You were with me since the day I was born Eomma. And Appa, I never get the chance to be with him, not even once.” Jeongyeon cup her cheeks and caress it. I know how hard for her daughter being in this situation but believe it or not, it is a lot harder than anyone else.

“Mianeo Chaeyoung-ah. Maybe if I got the chance to know that I am carrying you earlier than expected, maybe your appa would not choose to leave for Europe. Maybe you have gotten the chance to meet him or even be with him now.”

Tears started to flow from Jeongyeon’s eyes. The sad reality came back to her. she’s been blaming herself why Jimin didn’t had the chance to meet their child and she knows that she will be carrying that guilt for the rest of her life.