Chapter 24- Dilemma

Hello readers,  this is the third and last update for the day...  I realized I just fed you too much 😆😆

Thank you for all your love and support.. I really appreciate your reactions for my story.  It encourages me a lot..

Saranghe and enjoy this one..
I'm sorry in advance 🤭🤭

-------------------------------------------------

Jeongyeon’s POV

As soon as we arrived in New York, we went directly to the place which we are going to stay. Supposedly, we will be staying in a hotel but Taehyung insisted that we will be staying in his parent’s house so that we don’t have to spent much for the accommodation since I will be having my treatment and it costs a lot.

When Taehyung confessed to me, I couldn’t find my words to answer. I know how Teahyung feels towards me, even before Jimin and I started dating. I already made all things clear between me and him. I thought that he already got rid of his feelings but I was wrong, it seems like Jimin’s death just gave him the reason to be determined.

Taehyung is good friend to me, and being his company makes me so comfortable. I couldn’t find any reason to give myself to reject him except for my heart.

All along, it’s still Jimin and I know that it will always be Jimin. I am afraid, after our long run as friends he will expect for anything in return from his love.

We are here now at the hospital for my first check up before we start my treatment. I don’t know what will going to happen to me since my situation changed.

I already studied my case and I am aware of some treatment but I am pregnant and it makes my case more difficult than before.

Whatever they offer me, my pregnancy will be affected and it is the least that I want to happen. My baby is the only memory that Jimin left me and I would not survive if this will also be taken away from me.

I let Taehyung and Jihyo to wait for me outside since I want to talk the doctor alone. I don’t want my decision to be compromised by their emotions.

“Ms. Yoo, your case became more difficult at this time.” Dr. Bailey started. “I told you before that we should start your treatment as soon as possible to avoid risks but you didn’t listen, instead you went home and came back here pregnant.”

“I am about to get married but my fiancé died in an accident before he even knew that I am carrying his baby.”

“So, what changes your mind now?”

“I want to live longer for this baby. I have enough pain after the death of my fiancé and knowing that anytime I may die because of my illness, I can’t dare to think the possibilities of my baby growing without his parents.”

“That changes nothing Ms. Yoo.”

“W-what do you mean?” My heart beats faster because of her reaction. I know I am expecting this to happen but it is still different when you are already here, in this situation.

“I mean, you just enter in a very difficult situation Ms. Yoo.” She clears her throat and trying to figure out how to explain my situation to me. “There is a high risk in having a treatment for a pregnant patient. We can go for chemotherapy, radiation therapy, stem cell transplant and antibiotics. And in your case, we have to go for stem cell transplant.”

“Stem cell transplant?” she nodded.

“Since your bone marrow has a low rate of damage, it will be our advantage to undergo for it. Your cancer slightly progresses because of your pregnancy.”