xvi.

⇉ michelle. ⇇

"Good morning," I groaned, rubbing my eyes of sleep and looking at Luke, who had just walked back into his room. We were still dressed in what we went to the forest in, so I'm sure we both smelled horrible.

He checked his phone and then I watched him put a box back on his dresser. "Not only do you smell like nature, but now you smell like smoke. You're a lumberjack." The comments I make in the morning were worse than what I said when I was fully awake, and that says a lot.

"Morning," he replied, laying back on the bed face first. "It's only ten. We shouldn't have stayed up until 3am." Even though his voice was muffled, I attempted to make out at least some of what he said.

The only reason we stayed up so long was because we were discussing how and when he was going to break up with Brooke. Well, he was the one doing most of the talking. More like ranting. I just sat on the floor and listened to him just going on and on about it.

I was still kind of surprised that he was actually planning on going through with it, after a week of complaining about her and even two days with ignoring her. Just a few weeks ago they were completely fine, so I was confused about that as well. After a while he fell asleep, and I just sat there. Luke might have stayed up until three, but I didn't go to bed until five.

I was just thinking, and then I realized I haven't talked to Michael this whole weekend. So, my tired brain decided to talk to him until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. I missed him, I'm not used to having two friends now. So I still think that the only one that will willingly talk to me was Michael.

"My mum is downstairs in the kitchen. If you're hungry she'll give you whatever I smelled when I went to smoke." Luke's feet hung off of the bed, he still had his black converse on. It was freezing in his house, I don't understand how he wasn't buried under the blankets like I was.

"You know how Brooke was just here a few weeks ago?" Of course he did, Michelle. "You guys seemed alright then."

I felt the bed vibrate when he let out a dry laugh and turned to face me. "She thinks I have a thing for you." She's got a thing for dozens of people.

"Well you do have me in your bed."

"Shut up, that's not the point," he laughed, though, and looked at his hands while he played with his fingers. "But I mean, she wouldn't be completely wrong."

"What?" I heard what he said, and I'm sure he didn't mean it like anyone would think he did, so I gave him an opportunity to reword it.

"She's not completely wrong, but she's not right. I don't have a thing for you but I'm closer to you than I'll probably ever be with her." There we go.

I just nodded and closed my eyes, with them growing heavy as we continued to just sit here. "Even if your bed smells like cancer, it's got to be the most comfortable thing in the world."

"It does not smell that bad, your nose is just weird," his eyes rolled and he moved to check his phone when it vibrated again. "Why would she message me when she's right downstairs?"

"Your mom?"

"She wants to know if you're awake yet. I don't know, are you?" No, I wasn't awake. I made a horrible choice going to bed so late and now I feel like I'm dying.

I nodded, still laying completely under his blankets and head nuzzled into the pillow. "Yeah, yeah. Give me a minute."

† † † † † † †

Both me and Luke ended up falling asleep again, only waking up when his mother came into his room and shook us, telling us that it was well past noon.

We were finally in his living room, sitting with Ethan and watching him play Ocarina of Time, with me yelling at him when he did something wrong in Dodongo's Cavern - hey, he was my brother's best friend, I was allowed to mess around with him.

'Michelle, I swear if you don't shut up I'm going to shove the Ocarina of Time up your ass.' Woah, harsh. Who knew sign language could still be so offensive.

"Am I still able to play the ocarina with it up my ass?" Ethan glanced back at me to see my reply, and then shook his head when he had.

"Are you seriously asking my brother that question?" Luke sat on the couch and chuckled at us while I sat on the floor with Ethan, by now purposely annoying him.

I nodded, matter-of-factly, and watched is brother try and defeat King Dodongo, and struggling quite a lot, might I add. "You know, mashing random buttons won't help you anymore than pausing it will." I signed to him when he had paused it.

'Luke, why do you hang out with her?'

"Well, your best friend happens to be related to her."

He groaned, but a small smile was present on his lips when he looked at me. 'I guess you're alright.' I was great, come on, Ethan. This boy has known me long enough to have learned to tolerate my annoying habits.

"Now if you don't beat this Cavern I'm telling Luke to throw you in the pond down the street."

----------------------

this chapter is so uneventful and boring im sorry omfg. sleepy luke is great tho idk why i was like "we need more of this in our lives." and i know things havent exactly happened yet but they will soon >:-)) ethan and michelle bonding over loz is my life

and my nerd came out ok i love legend of zelda so much goodbYe. i love it so much that i put my favorite theme music on the side/above ok pls listen to it i love this soundtrack more than i love hot pockets