xxxvi.

My life is like the wind -- sometimes it's nice, cool, and isn't shoving things in my face from how horrible it can be. Other times, I feel like the waves as my life, the wind, causes an uncontrollable current that will either end up absolutely shit or turn into something calming, but we all know there's always a calm before the storm. Life is full of surprises and so far, over the past few months that's really all my life has been.

Life has been quite nice with me lately. Everything with Luke has fallen into place, Michael and I (and even Luke) are talking, and the chemicals in my brain don't seem as off balance as usual. It's pretty ordinary -- my existence, that is. But sometimes you can make your own ordinary, and make it the best ordinary there's ever been. Everyone's life is different, and I believe, like the wind, it'll take me where ever I need to go.

Right now the wind thought it was a good idea to have me in bed with Luke being blinded by the sun shining through the window I forgot to close. I could hear Luke's snores -- which was the thing that woke me up, by the way -- and the slight noises of Grady and my mother moving around downstairs.

"Luke," I whispered, poking at his nose, "it's late and we're being lazy." He twitched a little, letting me know he was awake with a small smile.

After he hummed and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes with the bottoms of his palms, he turned to face the ceiling. "What time is it?"

"Not sure, but the light is blinding so probably around noon or something." I emphasized by holding my hand in front of my face, which was still being shone on by the horror that is sunlight after waking up.

Luke nodded and his fingers moved to his chin, mocking a thinking face. "Hey, so I just realized," he started with a grin, "today is the first official day I can call you babe, since you know, you are one and all. Most importantly, though, is you're finally my Michelle."

"Michelle, ma belle; these are words that go together well, my Michelle," I sang, catching on to the joke he was making. He sat up, and that's when I noticed his skinny jeans still clinging to his legs, and his shoes at the end of my bed on the floor.

"You finally took your shoes off in my house after like, months of coming over," I pointed out, making Luke glance down at the end of the bed and laugh a little.

"Do you think I sleep with my shoes on?"

"No," I said, "but your little germaphobe feet need to get out of bed, I promised Grady I'd hang out with him."

My brother was sitting in a chair in the dining room while my mom laughed about something with someone over the phone; about what, I didn't know.

We all knew that we were in the presence of each other, but sat silently. That's hard to do in a family, isn't it? Having a quiet moment without it having resulting from an argument, I mean. There weren't many people anyone could actually do that with, but it's appreciated when it happens.

Luke seems to enjoy it, since he's about to fall asleep again. Grady throws something at him, making both of us jump and me to laugh. 'I'm forcing you guys to hang out with me today,' Grady sloppily signed after, picking at the dry pancake in his hand. I'll never understand why he doesn't eat it normally.

Luke sat up and jokingly glared at the boy across from us, "So you hit me with the pancake?" Putting it shortly, Grady nodded with a shrug of his shoulders.

+ + +

I've had a still wind as of late; extremely boring and sitting in the basement with Luke, Ethan, and Grady all day. Even the other day, when Grady said he actually wanted to go outside for once, I slept through the time that I told him I would take him. So, today, I think it would be an understatement saying that he dragged me off the couch and out the front door. He didn't know where he wanted to go, and I didn't know where to go at all. Luke had ended up joining us on our outing today, since his mom and brother were off somewhere, but it's not like we minded since we'd become so used to the company anyway.