four

*Brian's POV*

"Hey Bri, do you want to go and get some breakfast from the cafe down the road?" Zacky asked from beside me. I had decided to spend the night again after Zack's mother interrogated us on our non existent relationship. She was very persistent to get answers for us on things that hadn't even happened. She seemed very nice, nonetheless.

"Sure, I just need to go home first to get some stuff. Come with me?"

"Of course," he said and smiled that same smile that made my heart flutter involuntary every time. I wasn't sure why this was happening to me, but I knew one thing, and that was that I never wanted it to stop.

"Come on then, we'll go now." He said and grabbed his car keys from the side table.

The car ride consisted of us singing along to our favourite songs and chatting inadvertently. When we finally pulled up at my house I felt a sudden whoosh of emptiness flood through me. I remembered all the times I had spent here with Suzy; all the late nights, the movies, the romantic dinners - all of those little details that had no sufficient meaning to me at all anymore.

"You ok?" Zacky said hastily.

"Yeah," I smiled, "I'll be right back." I said and left the car and trudged reluctantly into the house, having a quick shower and changing my clothes before running back outside and getting back into the car with Z.

"Sorry, I had a shower too." I said uneasily, just invade I might have annoyed him by taking too long.

"It's ok, let's go." He said and we began our journey to the cafe.

--

"And she didn't even apologise! She just spilt spaghetti all over me and didn't say sorry... Although I suppose I shouldn't have called her a narrow minded pigeon..." Zacky was telling some story about his sister Zina and I was just watching him, taking every single detail into account even though it wasn't important.

"Hey Brian, are you ok? You zoned out there." Zacky asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just..."

"You what?"

"How did you know you were gay?" I asked curiously.

"Um, well... I have just never really found girls attractive. I remember when I was in 7th grade and I was forced to kiss a boy during truth or dare and I enjoyed it, and then soon after they dared me to kiss a girl... To put it easily, I threw up on her while kissing her and she ended up running home crying." He explained.

"Oh, ok." I replied uneasily.

"Why did you want to know?"

"I- I don't know. I just- ever since Michelle and you, I've just been so... So..."

"Confused?"

"Yeah, confused. I don't know what to do anymore." I said, rubbing my temples.

"Something that definitely helped me when I was questioning was actually kiss- you know what, never mind." He said halfheartedly, making me wonder what he was about to say.

"I just really don't know what to do Zack." I sighed.

"It's ok Bri, it will all fall into place soon, don't worry." He said smiling, but his smile was different this time. Something was not right with Zacky, and I was determined to find out what was troubling him so much.

"Hey Zack, do you want to stay at my house tonight?" I asked and he said yes and explained that he just needed to get some stuff from his house to change into tonight.

I would find out what he was going to say when we got home, no matter what it takes.

--
A/N: Sorry it's short! :)