sixteen

7 Months Later

*Brian's POV*

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I just can't be with you, ok?"

I was close to crying.

My mother decided to choose work over me on Christmas Eve, and as Zacky was spending alone time with his family, meaning I would be alone.

"It's ok mum, love you." I sighed.

"Love you too honey," and then I heart the beeping of the call ending.

"Alone on Christmas Eve, what a great way to live my life." I sighed sadly, hearing my phone surprisingly buzz a few seconds after.

"Hello?" I answer without looking at the caller ID.

"Hey, baby." I heard Zacky's voice on the other line.

"I thought you were with your mum? Go back to her Zacky, it's Christmas Eve."

"Well I would, but she said it would be best if I talked to you first. Can you open the window?" Zacky asked and I looked at the window, seeing him smiling next to his car.

Santa baby, a '54 convertible too, light blue.

I'll wait up for you dear.

"It's open," I smiled sweetly.

Zacky climbed into my room and walked towards me, giving me a quick peck on the lips before sitting down on the bed next to me.

As he absentmindedly scooted closer so me, I noticed a small, velvet box in his pocket.

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring.

I gasped, "Zacky..." I was completely dumbfounded and before I knew it, Zacky was kneeling down on one knee in front of me.

"Brian, since the day you found me in the park, you've made me the happiest man on earth. Most of my entire life has been like riding a roller coaster in a pitch black cave, never knowing where I'm at or what's coming next. Most of the time it's like riding the biggest roller coaster at Six Flags where you're slowing and struggling to make your way up the hill with me, with a thought in the back of your mind that at any second the ride will give way and you'll plunge to the bottom. We've had our ups and down, but everyone does.

"When I met you, I was pretty close to the bottom of the hill. My life was a mess, my father had died and I was on the verge of ending it. But, Brian, since I've met you, the roller coaster doesn't struggle anymore to make it up those hills. Even though you can never get rid of the ups and down completely, now instead of throwing me violently back and forth that that roller coaster at Six Flags, you've been my guide to help me smooth out the hard times and enhance the good ones.

"You've given me a reason to succeed, a reason to better myself, a reason to build and keep our relationship. You've taught me the importance of family and helped me make amends with what's left of mine. I no longer feel like the roller coaster I'm riding is going to plunge to the bottom or that my world is going to fall apart... You are my world. You are my best friend, the one thing I couldn't imagine living without, the absolute love of my life, in my heart my soul mate, and to everyone else, my boyfriend...

And now I want you to be my husband.

Brian, will you marry me?"

"Yes!" I shrieked in euphoria and hugged him tightly.

"Merry Christmas, baby." Zacky whispered and we fell asleep, content with the happiness that was now filling my heart.

So hurry down the chimney tonight...

--

A/N: cliffhanger hehe...

As this is the last chapter... I feel bad for cutting you off so, should I do an epilogue?

Love you all, thank you for the support! Xx