seventeen

*Brian's POV*

I awoke from my dream reluctantly and followed the scrumptious smell of waffles downstairs into the kitchen, where I found Zacky cooking.

"Morning." He smiled and I walked over to kiss him gently.

"G'morning," I mumbled.

"How was your sleep?" He asked.

"Good, thanks." I asked, glancing at his left hand to see if the dream was real.

Unfortunately, there was no ring.

"You ok? You seem a bit down." He said, sliding the plate of blueberry waffles towards me, then gradually wrapping his arms around me, resting his chin on my neck.

"I'm ok, I just had an amazing dream last night and I wish it was real."

"Care to share?" He asked.

I smiled fondly, "Maybe another time," he frowned.

"Well, as long as it wasn't about you cheating on me with someone, I'm sure I can wait." He answered and I chuckled loudly, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"What are we doing today?" He asked hopefully.

"Well, actually. I have school," I reminded him.

"Oh, yeah. Do you want to maybe go to the mall when you've finished? I can pick you up." He offered.

"Yeah, sure. I'll wait at the gates." I said and left the house.

-

"What's the answer to 4?" Matt asked me from the desk next to me.

"Kinetic Energy... Matt, this is 8th grade stuff, how come you don't know this?" I asked sincerely and he mearly shrugged his shoulders.

I sighed, ever since Val dumped him he's been really upset and side-tracked.

"Tell you what, I'll tutor you." I offered, seeing him perk up slightly.

"Really?"

"Sure, I can't today because I'm meeting Zack, but you can swing round our... My place tomorrow?" I suggesting, hoping be didn't catch onto my slip up.

He did.

Luckily he only smirked, "Ok, sure. Thank you so much!" He said, looking a lot happier then before.

But before I could reply, I heard the slap of a ruler on a desk and our teachers voice booming out, "Sanders, Haner, silence!"

--

As I walked out of school, I saw Zacky waiting for me at the gate.

He walked towards me and kissed me - in the middle of the car park, might I add. There are people everywhere - on the lips, earning a few confused glances from people.

"Let's go." He said, taking my hand and glaring at the people giving us weird looks.

"Since when are you this defensive?" I asked, quite amused with the situation.

"They were giving you glares, I didn't like it." He replied.

"Well let them think what they want." I replied, pecking his lips quickly and waited for him to start the car.

We reached the mall in a time space of around 10 minutes, and immediately walked towards the milkshake stand.

"Blueberry, please. And banana for him." He said, ordering for me as well.

"$6.30, please." The woman said and handed us our milkshakes.

Zack handed her the money and thanked her as we walked away.

"Where too, then?" I asked, and Zacky started to drag me towards what looked like a fancy dress shop.

He giggled like a small child when we got inside, and put on an orange mask that made him look a bit like Kim Kardashian.

We immediately burst out into laughter and decided to try on multiple other costumes, like bees, mermaids (it's merman, according to Zacky, but I just like to call him a girl) firefighters (he looked incredibly sexy) clowns, cavemen and more.

We ended the day on a high, still laughing while scrolling through the many pictures we took of our ridiculous costumes.

"Thank you," I proclaimed.

"No worries," he replied and kissed me," I love you." He murmured against my lips.

"I love you too."

And I didn't want to think about how I'd be tutoring Matt instead of spending time with Zacky tomorrow, but Matt needed my help, and that's what friends are for.