five

*Zacky's POV*

Brian and I went back to mine quickly and I gathered my stuff before we headed to Brian's. I had only been to Brian's once and I'd only been so far as the living room, so I was curious as to what the rest of the house looked like.

"Come in then," Brian said to me as I was standing at the door.

I walked in and took in my surroundings: there were pictures on the wall - some of Michelle, some of what I'm assuming is his family and one of him and an unfamiliar looking boy. He was holding Brian's hand and they were looking into each others eyes intently.

"Who's that?" I asked, pointing to the photo.

"Him? That's my ex, Aaron." Brian replied haphazardly.

"A boy?" I asked inquisitively, I thought he was straight!

"Yeah, he was my first long term relationship, before Michelle."

"What did Michelle say about the photo being there?"

"I told her he was just a really close friend. Coming to think of it, I don't know how she didn't realise."

"Wait, I thought you were straight?"

Brian sighed, "I was, I mean, I am. I mean- Aaron was the first guy I had ever liked, he was perfect and I thought he was the only exception; I thought I was still straight, but obviously not." He mumbled the last bit and I decided to ignore it - he clearly had enough to think about at the moment.

"What happened to him?" I asked cautiously, considering Brian kept referring to him in the past.

"He died, there's not much more to it." He replied, nonchalantly sorting through books.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I replied, feeling guilty for asking.

"Don't be, do you want something to eat?" He asked solemnly, changing the subject subtly.

"Yeah, thanks."

"Ok, you can do whatever, I'll order us pizza."

"Ok." I replied, perching myself softly on the sofa and waiting patiently for Brian to come back, tapping my fingers on my knees continuously.

"Pizza will be here soon. So, what do you want to do?" Brian asked and I immediately suggested a movie.

So, Brian and I spent the rest of the night absentmindedly under a blanket and as Brian started to soundly drift off to sleep, I uttered, "I just wish you liked me back, Brian." And fell into a deep sleep, cuddling up next to the one I sought after.

*Brian's POV^

"I just wish you liked me back, Brian." I heard Zacky utter and I was immediately and understandably shocked.

Does he mean what he think he does?

Oh my god, Zacky likes me.

--

A/N: Cliffhanger? I guess, I'm not sure hehe:') sorry for any mistakes.