Chapter 1

1 week later...

Lauren bounces her leg up and down anxiously. It's been a week since everything happened and no response from Camila. Sinu comes out of the room and directs a sad smile towards Lauren.

"Well," Sinu breathes out, "Me and Alejandro need to go to work, Lauren."

"I'll see you tonight suegra," Lauren lightly smiles at her.

Alejandro comes out and wraps an arm around his wife. "Well, we will see you tonight Lauren," Alejandro smiles.

"Yeah see you." Lauren watches the older couple exit the hospital and she turns towards the direction of Camila's hospital room.

Lauren hesitates and goes to her room. Lauren opens the door gently and closes it the same way. She bites her lower lip, one single tear falling, as she sits down next to the bed.

"Camila," Lauren whispers. Lauren stands up and leans down, pressing her warm lips with Camila's cold ones.

She pulls away and sighs.

Camila's POV

I feel paralyzed but I'm not, I just can't move.

"Camila, " I hear someone whisper to then something warm on my lips.

I try to open my eyes, it does take a while for me to do it but I do. I take in my surroundings, squinting at the bright light.

"Camila?" I hear. I look over to see a pale, raven-haired woman.

"Who...Who are you?" I speak up, my voice hoarse.

"What?" The woman says confused.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

"I-" She stops herself. "I'm getting the doctor," She says and exits the room to supposedly get the doctor.

Lauren's POV

I get the doctor that's attending Camila and we both rush to her room.

"So tell me what happened?" He asks.

"She woke up and said she didn't know me," I said worriedly.

"Hm okay weird," He says, "And what is your relationship with her again?"

"I'm her girlfriend," I said stuffing my hands in the front pockets of my jeans.

"Well we're going to run tests on her and give you and her parents an update," The doctor says.

Hours later...

Camila's parents come in and just in the time, the doctor exists Camila's room. "Ah perfect," He lightly smiles.

"How are things with my daughter?" Alejandro asks.

"Not to much damage from the accident and she's out of danger," He says. "But," He continues with a sadder expression, "From the tests we ran, we found out that the impact of the accident damaged her brain and she got amnesia."

Sinu sobs and Alejandro holds her. I try to hold back my tears at the news I just heard. The doctor gives us a slight nod and leaves us alone.

Alejandro and Sinu turn to me and sigh.

"We don't know how much of her memory she lost Lauren but we want you to work with us, " Sinu says.

"By?" I ask concerned.

"Don't tell her that you're her girlfriend, I know it's hard for me to ask you this because you love her dearly, but we need you to, " Sinu pleads.

"Don't worry suegra whatever works to not scare her works with me but please let me be there for her," I plead.

"Of course you can Lauren," Alejandro assures.

We walk in to see Camila trying to work the remote control. Sinu smiles at her daughter and walks over.

"Mami!" Camila cheers. Camila hugs Sinu and sits up jumping.

I bite my lower lip and look at the floor.

"Hola papi!" I hear Camila again.

I look at the show on the tv and smile when I see Spongebob on.

"Oh, it's you!" I hear Camila's hyper voice towards me.

"Yes, " I clear my throat, smiling.

"It's amazing to see your beautiful face again!" Camila smiles.

"It's nice to see you again as well," I smile once again.

"Papi can I go home?!" Camila asks hopefully.

Alejandro smiles towards his daughter and takes her small hands in his. "We have to ask the doctor when we can take you home mija," Alejandro assures.

"Okay!" Camila jumps up and down.

Sinu, Alejandro and I exchange glances and smile. We look at a very focused Camila towards the TV and I smile once again.

It's going to be hard not to be the way me and Camila use to be. But whatever it takes to not scare her is all I want.