Chapter 17

Lauren looks over at Camila as she keeps driving. Lauren reaches over and takes Camila's hand in hers. Camila closes her eyes and rests her head on the window.

Lauren takes off Camila's sweater to then pull her shirt over her head. Camila unbuckles Lauren's belt, feeling her hard touch her hand.

Lauren lays Camila down on the bed and takes her pants off along with her shirt. Lauren lays on top of Camila and pulls down her boxers. She moves Camila's panties to the side and puts a condom on.

Lauren gently slides in and Camila groans, gripping Lauren. Lauren smiles taking her girlfriend's hand in hers, gripping it hard.

Camila opens her eyes and looks at Lauren.

"What?" Lauren asks when she catches the smaller girl looking at her.

"Nothing," Camila shakes her head.

Lauren pulls over and parks her car. Camila looks out of the window to see the so familiar park. Camila opens the car door and Lauren does the same.

She walks over to Camila and takes her hand in hers. She carefully walks with her to a bench and sits down. Lauren takes off her bag and takes off Camila's.

She puts them down on the bench and Camila moves to sit on the grass. Lauren smiles and sits down next to her. "Any memories here?" Lauren asks.

Camila looks at her and smiles. "Only the happiest ones," Camila confesses. She fiddles the grass in between her fingers and bites her lower lip.

Camila walks along the dirt trail of the park. She's in eighth grade, her parents were off at the hospital and she just heard her baby sister, Sofia, was run over.

The doctors don't know if she will be able to survive and Camila knows she can't go and run to Lauren's arms.

Little does the brunette know that she can. Lauren sees the brunette, the rain pouring down. She walks over to her and speaks up. "You shouldn't be out here," Lauren speaks over the rain.

Camila frowns and turns around. Lauren walks over and her heart breaks at the sight of her best friend. Is she even at the moment?

Camila feels another set of tears coming. She walks over and hugs Lauren tight. Lauren wraps her arms around Camila comforting her, transmitting heat.

Camila cries into Lauren's chest and Lauren does nothing but hold her.

"I'm so sorry for what happened to Sofia," Lauren whispers in her ear.

Camila cries, "I... I can't-" Camila tries to speak but her voice cracks.

Lauren scoots over when she sees tears falling down Camila's eyes. Camila wraps her arms around Lauren's torso. She cries into Lauren's chest, soaking her shirt with tears.

Lauren kisses the top of her head and just holds her. Lauren rests against the bench and closes her eyes, caressing Camila's arm.

Lauren and her family walk into the hospital and find the Cabello's sitting in the lobby, crying.

Clara pulls Sinuhe into a hug while Mike rubs Alejandro's back, Chris and Taylor hugging him.

Lauren pulls Camila up to her feet and hugs her close to her.

"They...they lost her," Camila whines, her voice cracking.

Lauren's heart shatters, a tear falling down her own eyes. "I'm so sorry Camz," Lauren whispers.

Apart from the sadness, Camila's heart skips a beat at the nickname. Camila pulls away and looks up, locking eyes with Lauren's. "Thank for being here," Camila whispers, sniffling.

Lauren tucks a strand of loose hair behind Camila's ear, cupping her cheeks. "I'll always be here for you," Lauren whispers.

Lauren opens her eyes when she feels something on her ear. Lauren sits up, seeing Camila settle a flower on top her ear.

Like she saw the same thing as Lauren did, Camila smiles and speaks up. "Thank you for always being here for me," She says.

Lauren smiles and bites her lower lip. "I'll always be here," Lauren whispers.

Camila smiles and lays her head gently back on Lauren's chest.