Chapter 7

The door shuts behind Camila and now she's totally scared out of her life. The teacher knows of Camila's condition and waits until the former cheerleader takes a seat. Andrew stands up and smiles at Camila.

Camila smiles at the boy once he's in her sight. "Candy?" Camila tilted her head to the side.

"Call me Andrew Camila, c'mon," He shows her where there's an open seat between him and Shawn.

Camila happily sits down in between them and looks confused at her desk. Andrew reaches over his desk, took her science fiction book that the class had to read.

He flips to the page they are on and points with his finger where they are. Camila studies it for a while as Andrew's finger moves with the professor's words.

Camila's eyes look up to meet his then back at the book. She picks the book up and starts reading along. Andrew looks at his own book and smiles.

When the class ends Lauren jogs over to Camila's. She only had her art class for that day and has to go home but she needs to tell Camila really quickly.

Of course Lauren knows Camila's schedule like the back of her hand. She sees Camila walk out with Andrew and Shawn.

"Camz?" She calls out.

Upon hearing her name Camila looks over to whom called her name. "Lolo!" She smiles brightly. Lauren hugs Camila picking her up.

Camila hugs her back tightly and smiles. Once Lauren puts Camila down the smaller girl notices her sad face. "What's wrong Lolo?" Camila asks tilting her head to the side, studying the green-eyed girl.

"Camila I have to go home," Lauren murmurs.

Camila looks confused and rests her forehead on Lauren's. "Home?" She asks confused.

"I don't have any more classes," Lauren whispers.

She knows the whole school is looking at their interaction.

"Where will Camzi go?" Camila asks.

"Cheerleading practice," Lauren says.

Camila tilts her head confused. She looks at the floor trying to process what Lauren said. Lauren lifts her chin up and rests their foreheads together.

"I'll take you there I have to anyway," Lauren whispers.

Camila's head perked up with a wide smile. "Lolo is taking me!" Camila smiles.

"Come on," Lauren smiles.

Both girls start walking to the football field. Camila looks around seeing couples holding hands or walking arm in arm. She looks at Lauren then back down at her own hand.

She takes Lauren's hand in hers, interlocking their fingers. Lauren blushes hard feeling Camila's soft hand on her own.

Lauren clears her throat, "What are you doing?"

"I saw people holding hands," Camila nods feeling proud of herself.

"Camila," Lauren touches her shoulder, "They are together."

Camila tilts her head to the side confused. "Camzi and Lolo are together," Camila says.

Lauren holds back a smile but cups Camila's cheek. "Camzi we are friends," Lauren tries not to tear up.

"Oh." Camila looks down at the floor. "I'm sorry Lolo," Camila looks back up at Lauren.

"It's okay Camzi," Lauren smiles.

She sees Ally coming up with the cheerleading coach. "Morning Lauren," She nods at the raven-haired girl.

"Morning coach," Lauren nods.

"How are you feeling Camila?" The coach asks the smaller girl.

Camila stays quiet for a moment then smiles. "Candy?" She asks.

The coach looks at Lauren confusingly.

"Candy!" Camila points at the football players.

Lauren narrows her eyes to see that she's pointing at Andrew. Lauren frowns seeing how close the brunette is already getting close to Andrew.

The cheerleaders come over and take Camila with them. The coach squeezes Lauren's arm and leaves.

Ally turns to Lauren and smiles comfortably. "I'll take care of her don't worry," Ally squeezes Lauren's shoulder. She was gonna turn to leave but Lauren calls her.

"Ally?" Lauren calls out.

"Yeah?" Ally turns back around to the green-eyed girl.

"Text me when practice is over I'll come pick Camila up," Lauren says. "Also don't let her get close to Andrew," She says more seriously.

Ally goes on her tippy toes, "Jealous." She pulls away from Lauren's ear causing the taller girl to playfully push her.

"Bye Alz!" Lauren waves at her.

"Bye Laur," Ally says and joins in with the rest of the cheerleaders.

Lauren looks over at Andrew and bites her lip, obviously pissed.