Chapter 5

Camila and Lauren sit down on the grass after they ate. Lauren lays down and Camila looks at Lauren then at the grass.

"Lolo?" Camila speaks up.

"Yeah?" Lauren asks looking at Camila.

"Can I lay down on you?" Camila asks hopefully.

Lauren thinks about it for a second then a small smile appears on her lips. "You can," Lauren says sweetly.

Camila giggles happily and gently lays her head down on Lauren's chest. Lauren hesitates for an extended moment thinking if she should fully cuddle Camila.

Lauren says screw it and wraps Camila comfortably in her arms. They look up at the stars mesmerized by their beauty.

"It's beautiful tonight Lolo," Camila whispers.

"It is Camzi," Lauren whispers.

Camila's eyes find Lauren's grandmother's ring on her finger. "Lolo?" Camila speaks up.

"Yeah?" Lauren asks.

"This ring is beautiful, " Camila speaks up.

"Yeah, I know. My grandmother gave it up right before she passed away." Lauren tries not to shed a tear, remembering her grandmother.

"Any specific reason why?" Camila asks.

"This is her wedding ring from when she married my grandfather," Lauren whispers, "She wanted me to give it to-"

"Give it to who?" Camila asks, very interested to know Lauren more.

"It's... It's no one, " Lauren frowns. Lauren's grandmother wanted her to give the ring to Camila of course when she will propose but from what happened who knows what will happen between the pair.

Camila sits up and sighs. "Lauren, can I ask you a question?" Camila asks.

"You can ask me anything," Lauren sits up giving Camila her full attention.

"Did I date anyone after whatever happened to me? What's my sexuality too?" Camila asks Lauren.

"Well Camila I don't know and well your sexuality is who you think you love," Lauren answers.

"Oh. Well I want to go to school Lolo I wanna figure myself out," Camila smiles.

"I'll be with you, I promise," Lauren cups Camila's cheek.

Camila holds her pinky up and Lauren smiles remembering they always sealed promises with a pinky promise. Lauren interlocks her pinky with Camila's without hesitation.

Camila lays back down interlocking her fingers with Lauren's. Lauren smiles running her thumb over her knuckles. 

"I would love to do my grandmothers wish," Lauren whispers. "But I can't..."

"Yes, you can Lolo you'll find that one," Camila whispers. Camila cups Lauren's face and gently places a kiss on Lauren's forehead.

Lauren smiles holding both of Camila's hands. "Thank you baby- I mean..." Lauren sighs.

"Baby?" Camila tilts her head to the side.

"I'm- I'm sorry, " Lauren stutters standing up.

Camila scrambles up to her feet grabbing Lauren's wrist before she could go back inside. "No Lolo doing leave," Camila whispers, "Please."

"I didn't-"

"Make me uncomfortable? Of course not Lolo anything you do or say is the cutest thing to me," Camila smiles sweetly, lightly pinching Lauren's cheeks.

"Thank you, " Lauren smiles lightly.

Camila hugs Lauren tightly not wanting to let her go. Lauren hugs Camila close to her but soon she hears Camila's breathing slow and her body going limp.

Lauren's strong arms lift Camila up bridal style and smiles when she sees that Camila fell asleep. "I guess today drained out a lot of energy in you my little munchkin," Lauren whispers.

She takes Camila upstairs and opens the door to her bedroom. She lays Camila down on the bed and pulls the duvet over her petty body.

Lauren was about to leave but Camila's small tired voice calls her name. "Lolo can you stay here with me?" Camila asks.

Lauren smiles to herself in the doorway and closes the door. She lifts the duvet and scoots next to Camila. Camila cuddles Lauren once she settles in and Lauren turns off the lamp.

Lauren wraps Camila in her arms and falls asleep herself.