Chapter 9

Camila skips inside her house and looks back at Lauren. "Lolo? Are you coming in?" Camila tilts her head to the side.

Lauren smiles nervously and steps up fiddling with her keys. "I have to go to work," Lauren says.

Camila frowns, "When will I see you again Lolo?"

Lauren bites her lower lip feeling bad that she won't be at the college tomorrow since she doesn't have classes. "You'll see me tomorrow Camzi I promise!" Lauren smiles.

Camila hugs Lauren not wanting to let her go. Lauren hugs the small girl back and kisses the side of her head. "Bye Lolo!" Camila mumbles.

"Bye Camzi!" Lolo hugs her tightly before she pulls away.

"Camila, Lauren!" They hear Sinu's voice.

The girls pull away and Camila smiles. She walks inside and Sinu looks at Lauren with a bright smile. "How did it go?" Sinu asks.

"Good, it looks like she's at least remembering somethings," Lauren smiles.

"That's great! How was her cheerleading practice?" Sinu asks.

"I wasn't there but according to my friend she did good, started slow," Lauren says.

"Thank you for being there for her Lo!" Sinu hugs the young girl.

Lauren hugs Camila's mother and smiles. "You're welcome suegra," Lauren says and pulls away.

Before she could leave she turns back around. "You don't have to worry about her tomorrow some of my friends have classes so they would take care of her," Lauren says.

"Thank you, Lauren," Sinu smiles.

Lauren nods and walks to her car. She enters her car and starts driving to her job. Lauren's job goes fairly quickly because she honestly loves her job. Once she gets to her apartment Lauren sees a new car she has never seen before.

Lauren grabs her bag and goes up to her apartment. She hears voices in the hallway and Lauren sees Dinah, Ally, and Normani throwing a ball around.

"What are you guys doing here?" Lauren speaks up.

"We were here to discuss our schedules so we could help Camila out," Normani says throwing the ball at Lauren.

Thanks to Lauren's six years of softball she caught the ball. "That's a great idea," Lauren smiles.

She opens her apartment door and lets the girls in.

"This is a nice apartment," Dinah says.

"Thank you," Lauren smiles but wishes Camila was here.

"You lived with Camila right Laur?" Ally asks.

Lauren nods sadly but sighs. "I want to get her here as soon as possible I miss walking in and seeing her cooking or watching TV shows on the couch," Lauren says.

"Awwww!" The girls coo.

"Okay anyway enough personal questions," Dinah says touching Lauren's shoulder comfortably.

They sit in the living room and discuss their schedules. It seems like Ally has most days with Camila due to cheerleading practice. The cheerleaders have practice five days a week and one class.

The rest all have separate days but some have them at the same time. Like tomorrow Lauren and Dinah don't have classes at all.

Tomorrow is Friday and most students don't have classes. After discussing everything Lauren stands up. "Hungry?" Lauren asks all of them.

"Starving!" They all respond.

Lauren goes into the kitchen and takes out ingredients for an egg omelet. She takes out a bowl of grapes so the girls can snack at least. Dinah and Ally sit on the island and Normani leans against the kitchen counter.

Lauren starts cooking the omelet and grabs a grape popping it in her mouth. "So you have any extra rooms in this apartment?" Normani asks.

"Two more," Lauren responds, "Why?"

"Because I'm wondering if you don't mind us moving in," Normani says.

Lauren looks up and smiles. "If you guys want to then I'm down," Lauren says.

The girls cheer and Lauren laughs. She hopes that this company can at least fill some of the gap Camila left.