Chapter 8

Camila's cheerleading practice only consisted of watching the other cheerleaders and doing simple moves she could learn in seconds. Practice was over and Camila sees Andrew calling her over.

Ally did go to the locker room to change so Camila was left with Andrew who changed pretty quickly.

Camila sits next to Andrew on the bleachers and smiles. "Candy!" Camila glees.

Andrew blushes but smiles, "Hi Camila."

"Candy?" Camila tilts her head to the side.

"I don't have candy I can bring you some tomorrow," Andrew offers.

"Candy!" Camila claps her hands together.

"She doesn't have classes tomorrow," Lauren leans against the railing of the bleachers.

Camila hears Lauren's voice and stands up grabbing her backpack. "Lolo!" She jumps on Lauren.

Lauren catches her and Camila wraps her legs around Lauren's waist. "Missed me?" Lauren mumbles against Camila's shoulder.

"A lot!" Camila hugs Lauren closer.

Lauren rubs her back under her bag and smiles. She tries to set Camila down but she refuses. "Camz I need to put you down," Lauren giggles.

"M'kay," Camila mumbles and lets Lauren gently set her down.

Andrew stands up and smiles at the pair. "Bye Camila, " He touches Camila's arm.

"Bye, bye!" Camila waves at him.

"Bye Lauren," He nods once and Lauren returns it.

Once the boy leaves, Lauren looks at Camila. "Candy?!" Camila asks excitedly, remembering what Lauren had told her.

"Candy!" Lauren nods with a bright smile.

She grabs Camila's checkerboard bag and swings it on her shoulder. Lauren leads Camila over to her automobile, opening the door.

She helps Camila in and gently sets her bag in between her legs. Camila bounces up and down in her seat waiting for Lauren to enter the car. Lauren enters her car and smiles at the jumpy girl next to her.

She can't deny that watching the brunette getting close to Andrew is hard for her to see. They finally get to the little store that also has flowers. They enter and Camila gets out skipping inside.

As of Lauren, she pays attention to the flower crowns. She picks out a beautiful one and goes over to Camila. Camila picks up a candy bar and studies it.

Lauren carefully takes the candy bar from Camila's hand and places it down. "Here," She hands her a basket full of sweets.

Camila claps her hands and takes them. They go to the front and the wise old lady smiles at the two girls. Lauren hands her the flower crown and pays for the basket full of sweets.

"What an adorable young lady you have with you," the old lady smiles brightly at Lauren.

"Thank you," Lauren smiles and looks at Camila.

"Baby!" The old lady calls.

Camila turns around and smiles at the old lady. "Yes?" She trots over.

"Here beautiful," the old lady holds up the flower crown.

Camila leans over and lets the lady settle the flower crown on top of her head. Camila looks at Lauren, "Look Lolo!"

Lauren cups Camila's cheek and smiles. "Beautiful," Lauren whispers, caressing Camila's cheek.

Camila brings her hand up and runs her hand through Lauren's hair. Camila rests their foreheads jointly and smiles.

"Thank you for being my friend Lolo," Camila whispers.

"I'll always be here for you..." Lauren whispers.