Chapter 16

Lauren closes the door to her car and sighs. She sees her friends but decides to ignore everyone. Lauren walks to the football field and sits under the bleachers. She takes out her sketchbook and starts sketching random things.

She looks up when a dark silhouette appears. Lauren nibbles on her lower lip, "Hi."

"Hi," Camila smiles sitting down next to Lauren. She lays her head on Lauren's shoulder.

The two girls haven't really talked about last night so Lauren doesn't even know what's going through the smaller girls' head. Camila looks at Lauren's sketchbook, examining her drawing.

"Lauren," Camila looks up.

"Yeah?" Lauren looks at her.

"These memories mostly consist of me and you," Camila mumbles.

Lauren bites her lower lip, holding in a smile. "Yeah..." She whispers.

"When I woke up from the hospital, I saw you and I knew you were someone important in my life, I just didn't know how," Camila says.

"I'm your best friend Camz," Lauren states.

"Well from all these memories I'm having it looks like you weren't," Camila sits up, meeting eyes with Lauren.

"I'll always be you're best friend," Lauren whispers.

Camila smiles and kisses Lauren's cheek. Lauren blushes and looks down at her shoes.

"Lauren," Camila squats down in front of her.

"I don't understand everything just yet, but," She trails off, "Judging the by the way it looks, me and you had something special, have."

"Have?" Lauren raises her eyebrow.

Camila smiles and takes Lauren's hand in hers. She holds it up to her heart and Lauren stays quiet, feeling the heartbeat of the smaller girl.

"What if it's for Andrew?" Lauren tries to pull her hand away but can't.

Camila closes her eyes and feels that her heartbeat slowed quite a bit. She opens her eyes again, "I'm thinking of Andrew, feel the difference?"

Lauren nods and Camila stands up. "I want to remember everything, every important thing," Camila whispers.

"And then what?" Lauren asks.

"And then I'll want to be yours again if you give me the chance," Camila smiles, taking Lauren's hand in hers again.

"That chance will always be here baby girl," Lauren tucks a strand of loose hair behind Camila's ear.

Camila smiles and stands up. "I have to go, bye Lolo!"

"Bye Camz, " Lauren whispers. She doesn't tear her eyes away from the brunette until she can't see her anymore. 

Lauren gets up and walks to her art class, smiling at just what happened under the bleachers. Her classes were light and calming today and she walks out to her car.

She unlocks it and Lauren hears her name being called but it's not the voice she wants to hear. Lauren turns around to see Lucy.

"What Lucy?" Lauren asks putting a fake smile.

Lucy walks in front of Lauren and pins her against her car. "You know what," Lucy whispers.

Lauren takes Lucy's hands off of her and lightly pushes her away. "Lucy I don't want anything with you," Lauren whispers.

"Why can't you move on easily like Camila did?" Lucy asks pressing her body with Lauren's again.

Lauren sighs, "Because she has my heart and I'll always love her." Lauren takes Lucy off of her and tries to open her car door but Lucy's hand closes it.

Before Lauren could even see it coming Lucy crashes her lips with hers. Lauren tries to push her away but the girl holds her stance.

Lucy's hands roughly start to unbuckle Lauren's belt.

----------

Camila walks out with her friends. Andrew has football practice but she doesn't have cheerleading today. 

"Mila," Dinah points over at Lauren.

Her eyes follow her finger and she feels anger rise.

Camila walks out of the college. She was held back by her professor so she has to walk to Lauren's car alone. Once she looks up from her phone she sees Lucy practically on top of her.

She puts her phone in her back pocket and jogs over. She drops her bag and yanks the brunette off her girlfriend.

Lucy hits the ground and Camila kneels down in front of her. "How many times do I have to beat your ass until you learn to leave my girlfriend alone!" I spat.

Camila kicks Lucy hard on her stomach and she groans. "Leave her the fuck alone Lucy or I swear to God I'll send you to the hospital for the beating I'm going to give you."

Camila turns to Lauren and hugs her. Lauren wraps her arms around her girlfriend, caressing her arms. Camila sighs of happiness.

Camila drops her bag and yanks, Lucy, off, slapping her hard. Lucy brings her hand up to her stinging cheek.

Camila takes Lauren's hand in hers and grabs her bag. She guides Lauren to their friends, leaving a red Lucy behind.

Lauren stops Camila from walking and turns her around. "Hey, hey, " She whispers cupping her face.

Camila holds onto Lauren's wrist and brings her hands down to Lauren's belt. Lauren's breath hitches in her throat. Camila fixes Lauren's belt and looks up at the girl. She felt something hard against the back of her head but decided not to ask about it.

Camila wraps her arms around Lauren's torso. Lauren hugs the smaller girl back and their friends come over.

Lauren smiles at them and pulls away from Camila. "Thank you," Lauren whispers, "You always save me from her."

"I always will..." Camila smiles.