02. Crushes

Becca shifts her new backpack on her shoulders, looking up at Ben and May as they walk her to the office to get her registered as an official student

Becca shifts her new backpack on her shoulders, looking up at Ben and May as they walk her to the office to get her registered as an official student. Becca had never seen so many kids. She had never seen this type of building before either. The lockers and the tv's above the students on the walls playing a show Becca had never seen before. She moved out of the way quickly as students brushed past her.

"It's so crowded.." Becca mumbles, looking around as Ben guides her into a room, seeing the room she assumes is the office. Her eyes widen as the door to the principal's office opens, "Uncle Jimmy..?" She questions, looking at the principal.

"Sorry, i don't know any Uncle Jimmy, i'm Principal Morita." The principal introduces himself as he stands, smiling at the young teenager, "My grandfather's name was Jim though."

Becca's eyes widen, "Grandfather? Your grandfather was Jim Morita? Howling Commando to Captain America." She mutters, smiling slightly at the principal.

Principal Morita nods, "Yes, he was. You know your American History. I'm impressed. Not many kids your age make that connection." He says, smiling softly at the girl, "You must be our new student, Sofia Rogers."

Becca nods, sitting down in the chair across from him, glancing up at Ben and May, "I am.." She mutters, still nervous about the new environment.

"Steve Rogers's adopted daughter. No wonder you made the connection. Your father and my grandfather knew each other well." Principal Morita says, "It's nice to meet you, Sofia."

"And you as well.. I didn't expect to ever meet anyone that had connections from the second world war.. especially not any Commandos." Becca rambles slightly, looking back up at the principal, smiling softly, "I- sorry."

"No no, it's quite alright. It's nice. I'm sure your father has told you a lot of things from the war." The principal says, "Let's get you your schedule, locker code, and classes squared away. You're staying with the Parker family, correct?"

"Yes, she's staying with us until her father is done with his missions." Ben explains, Elizabeth Bryne, who works closely with the Avengers entrusted her with us under Captain Rogers's request." He states, his hand resting on Becca's shoulder.

The girl smiles fondly at the mention of her mother's name to the outside world. When the world though Mary Rogers-Barnes had passed away, Elizabeth Bryne took her place. The mother used her middle name and her mother's maiden name as her cover name for the outside world. Only those in the avengers and close allies know the truth.

"I see, well Midtown is lucky to have you, Miss Rogers. Welcome to Midtown High." Principal Morita states as the tv in the outside lobby as the screen shows a breaking news banner.

Becca's eyes widen when she looks up at the tv, seeing footage of Sokovia floating in the sky. The teenager drops her backpack as she rushes out to the tv, her blue eyes glued to the screen as she sees her family fighting Ultron bots.