14. Criminals

Sam and Becca sat on the roof of the apartment that Bucky was currently hiding out at

Sam and Becca sat on the roof of the apartment that Bucky was currently hiding out at. The four of them wanted to get Bucky out without a fight, but the teenager had a feeling that that wasn't going to happen. People were after her Papa and no one was going to stop them from obtaining their target. The Uncle looked over at his niece, smiling softly. He wanted to shoo her away, to keep her from being apart of whatever was going to go down. But he knew she wouldn't leave without her father. They were in a waiting game at the moment, and the silence was deafening almost. Until Sam thought of something to talk about.

"So who's your boyfriend?" Sam asks, smirking a bit as Becca jumps at the sudden question. The teenager looked over at her uncle, burying her face in her gloved hands. She was embarrassed but also nervous. This was the first time in a while that she was spending time with her family outside of her blood family.

"He- um.." Becca stammers and it only makes Sam smirk more, "His name is Peter.. Parker.."

"The family you've been staying with?"

Becca nods, "I don't know how much Mama's told you-"

"That you're dating someone who treats you right, but nothing more." Sam clarifies for his niece, "So is he? Treating you right?"

"Yes. He is, he's so sweet and kind.. he understands a lot of what i struggle with, and he tries his best to understand the things he doesn't." Becca explains, "He's my best friend, and i love him." She says, a smile appearing on her face. "He still loves me after everything that i've done.."

"Those things you did under Hydra weren't you. You were forced." Sam says, grabbing her hand as he keeps his eyes tentative of the surroundings, "Do you understand that? You and your father weren't in control."

Becca smiles warmly at her uncle, nodding in understanding, "I understand. But something happened when i was with him during and after Ultron.." She says, her breathing becoming unsteady as she remembers Sinclair forcing her to kill Uncle Ben, one of the only father figures in her life. A life that she had taken. "I killed Peter's Uncle Ben." She says, her voice barely above a whisper.

Sam's eyes widen in shock, "You did what?"

"I killed Uncle Ben. I didn't want too, i was forced but it was still my hand that pulled the trigger of the gun." Becca whimpers, but tries her best to stay focused on the mission at hand, keeping watch for her Uncle Steve and Mama.

"Forced. You were forced, by who?"

"Sinclair."

"The man your Uncle helped put away?"

"Yes."

Sam nods, the information still sinking in, but he understood the weight of what Becca had told him. He wants to say more, to comfort her, but his scanner picked up commotion heading towards where Mary and Steve were. He presses his fingers to his comm, "Heads up you two. German Special Forces approaching from the south." He relays to his teammates.