32. Protocols

When the three friends make it back to the hotel the decathlon students are staying at, Becca looks around in awe of the hotel

When the three friends make it back to the hotel the decathlon students are staying at, Becca looks around in awe of the hotel. She points upwards in laughter, "There's a bird up there." She says softly.

Peter smiles at his girlfriend who still is clutching her childhood teddy bear when leans over towards Ned. "You brought your laptop, right?" He asks his friend.

"Yeah. Why?" Ned asks curiously and skeptically.

The boys are quick to get into the hotel room and unpack their backpacks. It was boys with boys and girls with girls but all of the students and Mr Harrington knew that Becca would stay with Peter and Ned, who were sharing their own room.

Peter grabs his Spider Man suit, unzipping both and then hooking his suit up to Ned's computer. What confuses Becca is that he doesn't take hers and do the same. She sits on one of the two queen size beds, sitting criss cross on the bed with Mr Stuffington seated on her lap. "Why don't you do this with my suit?" She asks curiously.

"Because Mr Stark probably doesn't have a tracker in your suit. Where I go, you go and vice versa. That's why Happy mentioned both of us." Peter explains as Ned's computer begins to beep and Peter holds a flashlight in his mouth as he tinkers with his suit

"Good question." Ned mutters, "Why are we taking the tracker from your suit?"

"Uh, because I gotta follow these guys to their boss before they move again." Peter says as he continues to tinker with his suit, trying to find the tracking wire within it. "And i don't really want Mr Stark to know about it."

"So you're lying to Iron Man and Becca's brother now?" Ned questions and Becca raises her eyebrows in suspicion.

"No, no, i'm not lying. He just doesn't really get what i can do yet." Peter says as he aims the flashlight on his suit again.

Becca hesitates, she and Ned exchange looks of concern briefly. "Benji, Buddy's just trying to protect you.. we're not invincible." She reminds her boyfriend.

Peter shakes his head at Becca's comment as he pulls the wire off his suit, "Gotcha." He whispers with the flashlight still in his mouth. "Alright, Happy, enjoy tracking this lamp." He says confidently as he places the tracking wire onto the lamp shade.

As Ned goes back to his computer, he types on the keys and looks over at Peter, "There's a tone of other subsystems in here. Some are even connected to Becca's suit."

"Hm?" Peter hums in reply as Becca makes her way off her bed and onto the one Ned and Peter are working on. She sits beside her friend and leans over his shoulder to read over the subsystems within Peter's suit.

"But they're all disabled." Becca points out and both Peter and Ned look up at her in confusion.

"You read code?" Ned asks.