03. Spiders

"Demmy? Are you in here?" The young girl called out for her friend

"Demmy? Are you in here?" The young girl called out for her friend. The Madam had left for some business and the girls were told to stay within their rooms. But Becca had other plans. Plans she knew would get her beaten if found out about, but she didn't care. She wanted to see her best friend. Her Demmy.

"Rebecca dear." Adam Sinclair called back, turning around and seeing the young seven year old, he squatted down to her height, his hands fully engulfing her small arms, "Why are you here? If any one of the guards catches you, you'll be punished. And i don't want to see that happen."

Becca huff, her bottom lip jutting out in a pout as she looked down, "I want to see you." She mumbles, "You're my only friend, Demmy."

"And you are mine, Rebecca. But you can't risk your safety to see me." He reminds her, "If you want to do well in here, you must follow their orders."

Becca hesitates, shaking her head, "But i don't want to be here. I want to go home." She whimpers, tears clouding her blue eyes. Eyes that share a striking resemblance to a certain Winter Solider.

"This is your home now. It's best you remember that."

How could he be alive? Becca was sure that he was killed during the fall of Hydra. All the raids that had happened with the help of the Avengers. He was one of Hydra's most skilled scientists. He was smarter than anyone she had ever met aside from her brother and mother. She knew it was possible for him to be able to escape. His name was cleared from nearly all of the Hydra files. Per his request, she remembers.

Becca's blue eyes snap back up at Uncle Ben and Demmy, her thoughts running a million miles a second. Her heart was racing, though no one could hear it. She was the only person that she knew at her age to have enhanced senses and abilities.

"Sofia, you okay?" Harry asks from beside her, squeezing her hand in his to gain her attention. He glanced back at Peter, motioning him to come up to them, "Pete, i don't think Sofia's okay." He tells his friend.

Peter looks Becca over, he noticed she had turned pale and her eyes were locked onto his Uncle's lab partner. "Fia, let's get some air." He tells her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders to try and guide her away from the crowd of their class. He noticed Doctor Sinclair watching them closely, his Uncle also glanced but had to continue talking to the class.

Becca's breathing became ragged as she was moved from the crowd and into a different room. "Fia." She heard Peter call to her. She slowly lifted her head to meet his eyes.

"Yes?" She answered, her voice cracking as she spoke.

"What happened back there? You were scaring Harry, and I."

Becca's eyes focus on the room they're now in, millions of spiders were in the center of the room, spinning their webs. Her mind was thrusted back to the Red Room, remembering everything she was told and taught and beaten into her. "I- Someone from my past.. my past in Russia.. he's here."