25. Classes

Becca leans against Peter as they ride the train to school

Becca leans against Peter as they ride the train to school. He subconsciously wraps his arm around her waist as the train jolts to a halt at one of the stops before theirs. Becca pulls out a connector for their two earbuds. The music helps Peter focus when there's a lot of people around him in a small, tight area like they're in right now on the train. As Peter texts Happy for what he feels like the millionth time, his girlfriend places his earbuds into his ears and her own set into her own. When Peter hits send he tightens his grip on his girlfriend's waist. Then sends a few more texts to Happy to make sure the bodyguard knows it's Peter who's texting him.

"Benji, when there's a mission for us, Happy will let us know." Becca reassures him as the two step off the train at their stop. His arm naturally drapes against her shoulders as he grabs her phone and finds a song for them to listen to as they walk past the football players and those running track on the Midtown field.

All Peter does is nod in reply. It had been two months since Becca returned home from her short trip to Wakanda. Eyes would still follow her pretty much everywhere she went and Peter was being more cautious as to where they went together in public. The train ride was touch and go, he could feel eyes on his girlfriend since even before they exited their apartment. It made his senses even more dialed up then normal.

"Benji!" Becca jolts Peter from his thoughts when she pulls him out of the way of Eugene "Flash" Thompson and his car as he nearly runs the couple over. She nearly dents the hood of his car with her hand to brace the couple from the car before she pulled Peter out of the way.

"What's up, Penis Parker?" Flash teases the boy then looks at Becca, "Assassin freak." He states harshly.

Peter rolls his eyes and sighs at the nickname Flash had given the Parker boy, but he was worried about what he had said to Becca, he pulls one bud out of his ear as she does the same, "You alright, Fia?" He asks, "I should've been paying attention.. the music-"

Becca presses her two fingers against his lips to quiet him, shushing him in the process. "I'm okay.. we both know the music dulls your senses enough for you not to pick up on anything like that really." She reminds him, kissing his cheek with a small and weak smile on her face, "Let's get ready for class, okay?"

Peter nods, his hand finding hers as the two walk side by side towards their lockers. On the tvs above them they can hear Betty Brant and her co-host going over the morning announcements. "Rise and shine, students of Midtown Science and Technology." She starts the announcements.

"Students, don't forget about your homecoming tickets. Do you have a date for homecoming?" Betty's co-host, Jason, asks the question towards Betty who awkwardly chuckles.

"Thanks, Jason, but I already have a date." Betty replies.

"Okay.."

"Yeah.."