17. Legacies

The next morning, Becca was in a old bug with her peers

The next morning, Becca was in a old bug with her peers. She was seated beside one of the windows as her mother sat in the middle and her father sat on the opposite end behind Becca's uncle. Sam was in the front as Steve stepped out of the car and approached the woman Becca had yet to meet. But from what her mother had told her, Evelyn Erskine was very important. Becca knew the last name the moment she heard it. She was named after her mother's mentor's daughter. She heard her Uncle Steve and the young woman exchange words, her mother rolling down the window to be able to hear it better. The young girl in the back seat of the bug that she was probably older than sat there, just embracing the moment she had with her family. She was certainly missing some people. But all in all, she was surrounded by her family. Her parents, who until their visit to Winnie's grave, she had not seen together. Despite all that was going on around them, being wanted by the law, being separated from their other family members. She was grateful that in this very moment. Her family was together.

"Can you move your seat up?" Becca's father asked to Sam. Bucky was directly behind Sam, and the man was not short, his legs were crouched in an uncomfortable way and Becca could tell that her Uncle Sam was enjoying her father being in pain, even if it was the slightest bit of it.

"No." Sam remarks and Becca can make out a smirk from him.

"Come on, Sam. Really?" Becca's mother asks her friend.

Sam huffs, "He ripped the steering wheel out from my car and then nearly killed me. No, i'm not gonna move my seat up." He retorts, Becca giggled under her breath, remembering her uncle's face when her father tore through the roof of his car and ripped the steering wheel out from in front of him back in DC.

"Suit yourself." Bucky grumbles under his breath, then smirks, lifting Mary off of her middle seat, shifting over to where she sat and then placed his wife onto his lap. He securely wrapped his arms around her small frame, drawing a squeal from Becca's mother. The daughter smiled warmly at her parents, she knew others her "age" would be embarrassed, but not her. She was so happy her parents could finally be together that she didn't care how affectionate they were towards each other.

"James.." Mary mutters, but Bucky shushes her with a quick kiss to her lips.

Becca laughs as her uncle groans in his front passenger seat, "You two are sickening." He gripes. The teenager looks towards her father, who is smirking in victory.

The mother rolls her eyes at both of the men in the compact car, "Would you two stop? I'm trying to listen to what Steve is talking about with Eva." Mary says and both her and her daughter begin to listen in on the conversation being had in front of them.

Becca watches her uncle smile at the brunette in front of him. The teenager didn't know what relationship her uncle had with her mother's apprentice, but she knew she meant a great deal to her mother. "I owe you again." Steve comments, smiling softly at the brunette.