27. Challenges

Becca pales instantly when she sees the Lego Death Star collapse onto the ground

Becca pales instantly when she sees the Lego Death Star collapse onto the ground. She could feel and hear Peter's heartbeat picking up quickly with nerves as their three closest friends had just found out the secret Peter never wanted them to ever know.

"What was that?" Aunt May calls from where she is in the kitchen, she had to have heard the crash of Legos.

"Uh.. Nothing! Nothing!" Peter calls back as he turns back to their three friends nervously.

MJ was sitting on Becca's bed still while Harry and Ned had bolted into a standing position. They each had a feeling Becca would be doing something like this, wanting to help in any way she could with the abilities and life she was born into. But Peter? That was something none of them had ever expected.

"You're the Spider-Man." Ned mutters in disbelief.

MJ looks over at Becca, "And Crystal.." she adds as Ned begins to hyperventilate and Harry just stares at the couple in shock.

"From YouTube." Ned whispers as his breathing becomes quicker and unsteady.

Peter shakes his head, still trying to save this moment as he presses the spider symbol on his suit and it expands and begins to fall off his body, "I'm not. I'm not." Peter tries to explain as best he could.

Becca hesitates, nodding slowly, "But I am." She says softly, pulling her mask and hood off of her head. She blushes as Peter's suit falls off his body entirely, leaving him in his boxers. She turns her gaze to Harry, Ned and MJ instead. The redhead of the group had also looked away from the mostly naked boy in the room.

"You were on the ceiling." Harry murmurs, speaking for the first time since their discovery.

"No- No.. I wasn't. What are you doing in our room?" Peter asks the three of them in a blind panic.

"May let us in." MJ answers quickly.

"We were gonna finish the Death Star." Ned rambles out quickly.

"You can't just bust into our room!" Peter shouts quietly until the door to their room begins to open. Becca dives quickly for her bed, wrapping her Avengers blanket around her suit covered body and leans into MJ. The redhead gasps but understands quickly enough and wraps her arms around Becca, the brunette's head resting in MJ's lap as Peter scrambles to stand beside Ned and Harry still only in his boxers.

May laughs as she fans the air around her face with a hand towel, opening the door all the way, "That turkey meatloaf recipe is a disaster." She says as she unclips her hair, "Let's go to dinner. Thai? Ned, Harry, MJ, you want Thai?" She offers the three friends to join the aunt and couple.

"Yes." Ned answers quickly.

"No. They've got a thing." Peter rambles quickly, he reaches behind Ned and Becca grabs his hand, squeezing it in reassurance that they'd figure this out soon.