05. Senses

Becca sat on her bed as Peter hung from the ceiling, testing his new web fluid

Becca sat on her bed as Peter hung from the ceiling, testing his new web fluid. It had been a few weeks since the initial bite and Peter was adjusting smoothly. He had gained control over his heightened senses, the only time they would painfully spike is if he was woken up suddenly without warning, Becca had learned that their first day of school with his new powers. Their alarm went off as normal and it took them an hour to calm him and his senses down. Now he used his phone's buzzing system to gently wake him up.

The two soon started working on how strong he actually was. Becca was strong, she was injected with the super solider serum when she was still in Hydra. She wasn't as strong as her father and uncle though, she was still young in her body chemistry. She trained Peter in defense techniques, talking about her past in the Red Room came up several times during that. Peter realized that he didn't know who Becca truly was until he learned more about her past.

Becca smiles from her spot on her bed, watching her best friend closely, "I think it works. You've been dangling upside down for a good two hours now. The blood flow doesn't go to your brain? It would for me."

Peter shakes his head, gripping the webbing tightly as he flips himself onto his top bunk, dangling upside down, "No, and if it does it doesn't bother me." He says, "I feel like apart of me is actually spider now. It's weird."

"It's not weird to me. You forget that my uncles can turn into a giant green rage monster and can control thunder and lightning with a simple wave of his hammer." Becca teases, smiling softly as she writes their information down for her mother. They had been keeping track of what they learned about Peter's new way of living and sending it over to Becca's mother. The Mom had considered making a sense deprivation room for Peter at the Facility if it ever came to a point where his senses were too much for him to handle on his own.

Becca grabs the apple from her bedside table, throwing it at Peter to test a theory she had just thought of.

"Fia!" He exclaims as he catches the apple with ease. His eyes go wide as he stares at his hand, "I- I caught it. I didn't even know it was coming at me."

The girl nods, smiling, "Enhanced reflexes. You can sense things that are coming towards you before anyone else can." She states, "That's really cool, Benji."

Peter grins, nodding, "That's amazing." He mutters, then thinks, "Now that i have the web fluid down, i need some way to distribute it with ease. If i'm swinging to and from buildings i need it to be quick and seamless." He lists off. Becca jotting down what he's saying in her notes so they don't forget, holding up her bag of Doritos for him. He grabs a chip as he hangs by his feet from the railing of his top bunk.

Becca nods, "Well you'd be swinging from it, so they need to be on your wrists." She points out, "Maybe some of your fingers can trigger a release?" She thinks aloud, gesturing her idea with her hands, "Thwip!" She exclaims, smiling up at him.