04. Secrets

"What do you mean you're not who you say you are, Fia?" Peter asks confusedly

"What do you mean you're not who you say you are, Fia?" Peter asks confusedly. His mind going a million miles a second as his senses feel like they've been dialed up to an eleven. He can hear everything, he can smell his Aunt May's perfume from two doors down which he could never do before.

"I'll explain everything later, but right now you need to come with me." She says, pulling his Midtown sweatshirt over his head, "I need you to see someone." She tells him, picking up her phone and calling her Mama. She slides her phone between her shoulder and her ear, she puts Peter's shoes on his feet. Quickly she grabs her jacket and boots, locking the door to their bedroom. "Mama?" She asks when she hears the ringing stop.

"Baby? I thought you were getting ready for bed? Did something happen?" Mary answers over the line.

"You could say that." Becca mutters as she hoists Peter onto her back, carrying him piggy back style as she climbs out the window, "Something's wrong with Benji." She tells her Mama, "Are you at the Avengers Facility?"

"I am, what's wrong with Peter?" Mary asks hesitantly, "Do we need to go to the tower? My lab equipment is still there." She says.

"Yeah, i'll meet you there, Mama." Becca says as she hangs up, shoving her phone into her pocket.

"You're so strong, Fia.. How are you so strong?" Peter mumbles, wincing at the bright lights of the cars as Becca had landed on the ground from the fire escape. The sounds and lights were making his head hurt worse. Everything attacking his senses at once.

"It's genetics." Becca huffs out, "Put your hoodie up, it'll block the lights some." She suggests. Her best friend nods slowly, pulling his hoodie over his head.

Becca brushes past people as she runs as fast as she can down the sidewalks, she can hear her phone talking. Friday must have been activated remotely.

"Miss Barnes, your Mother is on her way to the Tower as you requested. Take a right at the intersection." Friday says from her back pocket.

"Thanks, Friday." Becca states, huffing as she follows the instructions the AI gave her.

"Who's Friday? She sounds nice." Peter rambles, "And why did she call you Miss Barnes?"

"Because my real name is Rebecca Sofia Barnes. My Papa is Bucky Barnes." She tells him, "Steve isn't my dad, he's my uncle. My Mama is Mary Rogers-Barnes. But you know her as Elizabeth Bryne."

"Whoa.." Peter mutters half conscious, "If Ned knew that he'd love you forever." He jokes.

Becca laughs, "Because he doesn't already? He thinks my adopted dad is Captain America."

"Touché." Peter mumbles, "Why did you lie?"

"I didn't want too, but my Papa is wanted by every government in the world right now. He did a lot of bad things. My Mama and Uncle Steve thought it was best to keep my real identity hidden."