18. Webs

Becca felt like she had forgotten how to breathe

Becca felt like she had forgotten how to breathe. It was as if her lungs had closed up and she was suffocating. But in reality, she was in shock from seeing Peter on the tarmac with her uncle's shield in his grasp. She wanted to scream, to take Peter away from all of this and ask why he thought it was a good idea to be here. What was his purpose? How was he even here in the first place, Becca hadn't talked to him since the bombing. Was it her brother that found and recruited him? She wanted the answers to her questions but she needed to focus, because before her, her uncle had raised his bound hands and Clint shot out an arrow, breaking the webbing.

The niece could hear her Uncle Steve in the comms talking to Scott. She assumed then and there and they had planned on someone taking Steve's shield. So Scott shrunk himself down and was hiding in the shield. Becca watches as Peter looks down at the shield when he hears Scott finally. She sharply intakes air when Scott kicks Peter off where he was, taking the shield for himself.

"звездная пыль, what's wrong?" Stardust. Bucky asks as they stand up, they need to make their way to the north hanger now that they found the quinjet. The father noticed his daughter's heart rate spike when the webhead made his entrance. "Do you know him?" He asks cautiously.

Becca only nods, still trying to get her breathing under control. She was fighting a panic attack at this very moment as she, her father and uncle were beginning to jog across the terminal, "That's Spider Man." She mumbles.

"The vigilante that helped you with Sinclair?" Sam asks.

"Yes. I- I didn't know he would be here." She mutters in disbelief. Becca could feel herself beginning to shake as her panic attack was setting in despite all that was going on around her. "I don't- i can't-" She stutters as she struggles to breathe.

Bucky stops jogging, both men exchange glances as they look at the young girl before them. The father pulls his daughter into his arms, he knew what was happening. He could feel it, hear it even. His heightened senses had picked up her spiked heart rate, but now she also was struggling to breathe and he could hear it. Both men knew they didn't have time for this, but they couldn't ignore it. "звездная пыль, breathe." Stardust, He says softly. Bucky looks at Sam briefly before he begins to hum the song his daughter always sang for him when he had his panic attacks while they were on the run. He held his daughter close as he sat them down on a couch. "It'll be okay. You wont have to fight him. Sam and i will keep the attacks focused on us."

"That's right, Princess." Sam says, standing guard for the father and daughter. It killed him inside to see his princess struggling like this. "We'll keep him focused on us if he comes here, alright?" He tells Becca, trying to comfort her.

Becca breathes in deeply, nodding slowly as she holds onto her father. She wasn't ready to let go yet but she knew they had a mission, "I- I'll be okay.." She says, trying to convince herself more than her father and uncle.