08. Abilities

When the young couple stepped foot into the room where Uncle Ben's reception was being held

When the young couple stepped foot into the room where Uncle Ben's reception was being held. All eyes turned to them. Becca could feel the love as she looked over at her family. Her mother, uncle and aunt were with May. The teenager nudged her boyfriend as she lead them to their family.

Mary smiled and wrapped her arms around her daughter, kissing her forehead as Steve rubbed her shoulder comfortingly. Natasha's warm gaze was what she gave to her niece in comfort. The famous spy was never one for affection in public places. But behind closed doors, Natasha Romanoff was someone who put her heart into everything she did. She loved with her whole heart. And Becca was the recipient of most of that affection.

"Did you two say see you later to Uncle Ben?" May asked her nephew and Becca.

Peter nodded, "We did. We also talked about our own things.." he trailed off slowly, causing all four of the adults to look at each other. Mary, May and Natasha quickly caught on to what the young teenager was implying. But the poor uncle, Steve was still trying to figure out what the boy meant.

"I'm confused." Steve said, causing the women to laugh at him. "No seriously, what did he mean?" Mary laughs, pulling her brother down to her height to whisper what he meant into his ear. Steve's blue eyes widen, looking at the boy.

Peter smiles softly, rubbing the back of his neck as his aunt presses her lips against the side of his head, "I needed to take the leap of faith." He mutters. The Rogers siblings snap their heads up to look at each other. Their eyes wide in realization.

Mary and Steve knew those words as if the woman had said them only yesterday. They knew instantly that the teenagers had seen Peggy. And she had given them the advice that pushed them to getting together.

"You went to see her?" Mary asks softly to her daughter. The young girl nods in confirmation.

"We did. I haven't seen her since i was five." Becca says, remembering the last time she saw her godmother as a child. Those were the happy memories Becca had clung to while she was in the Red Room for over seventy years.

"I'm sure you gave her quite the surprise." Steve comments, smiling as he wraps her arm around his niece. His eyes glancing every so often at the boy who now was involved with his precious niece.

"I did. I missed her so much." Becca mumbles, leaning into her uncle's touch that she had sorely missed since moving in with the Parker family. They would talk over the phone, never they haven't seen each other in person in a while. Too long for either party.

"What she tell you? She always has advice for me when i pay a visit to her." He asks his niece curiously. The two of them pulling away from the small group, sitting down at a small table. The two getting a chance to reconnect.

"I needed advice because i was struggling with Benji.. i didn't know what was going on with us, me specifically." Becca starts, her uncle raises his eyebrow and gives her a look. She shakes her head, "Nothing like that. I had feelings for him and i didn't know what to do about them. On one hand i wanted to tell him, on the other i didn't want him to reject me and cause that to ruin out friendship." She explains, looking up at her uncle, "I knew Peggy would know what to say. She always did when i was younger." She adds.