11. Ferriswheels

Peter grinned as he raced to his small friend group's table in the cafeteria

Peter grinned as he raced to his small friend group's table in the cafeteria. "I got them!" He exclaims, holding the six tickets up that he had been tasked to get for the group. Ned cheers as he throws his hands up in the air, a grin wide on his face. MJ and Becca smiled and Michelle just shrugged in acknowledgement, and Harry cheers along with Ned.

"Yes! Alright! Fair time!" Ned cheers, grinning wide.

Becca laughs at her friends, then looks at Peter. She pecks his lips with her own, greeting him like she had been doing since their first kiss three weeks ago on their balcony. Since then life had been pretty normal, school during the weekdays, hanging out with friends on the weekends. And patrol every other night. Right now the friends were talking over their plans for the carnival that was in the city right now. It would be Becca's first ever carnival and the friends wanted to make it special for their Miss America.

"I still don't understand what's so special about a fair." Becca says, looking at her friends.

MJ smiles, "It's something every teen has to do in their lifetime with their friends. And it's a fun place to hang out."

"And the food is so good." Ned says, Harry nodding in agreement, "You have funnel cake, and deep fried everything. The corn dogs are so good."

"Ned! You're making me hungry." Peter exclaims as he sits down in front of his tray that Becca had gotten for him. He kisses her cheek as he starts to eat his lunch.

"Fairs are a waste of time." Michelle states as she flips a page of her book, "All they do is promote diabetes."

"And fun." Harry points out, "Do you not believe in fun, Elle?"

Michelle shrugs, "Your version of fun and mine are very different."

Becca laughs, "But we'll be together. C'mon, Elle. Benji already got the tickets anyways."

Michelle rolls her eyes, "Fine, but i'm brining my book."

Becca grins, wrapping her arms around Michelle as the friend groan in protest, "I wouldn't expect anything less from you, Elle." She says, smiling.

Peter smiled as he watched his girlfriend interact with their friends. She was adjusting well to everything, she felt like Queens was her home. That she finally belonged in a place that didn't consist of constant fighting and pain. That she could be herself and not live under the constant fear of people being after her.

The bell rings, signaling for the students to end lunch. Becca smiles as she puts a nugget into her mouth before she throws her trash away. Peter does the same and wraps his arm around her shoulders.

"You guys are gross." Michelle grumbles as she walks past the couple and into the hallways.

The redhead of the friend group laughs, "I think they're cute." She says, "Pete, when did you get the tickets for?"