An Oddly Familier Scent

Loki volunteers to watch over you for the night taking his place at the office chair in front of the monitor. Thor stays behind to make sure Loki will be ok. "Loki I know how hard this is for you. Just please don't do anything drastic." Loki opens his mouth to object but Thor puts his hand up and continues, "Loki I know you. You're dealing with a lot of emotions right now and you tend to have a flair for the dramatic. I know it's hard to see her like this, so close yet so far." Thor glances at the monitor then back to Loki who is not fisting his hair in his hands. "I just want her to remember." Loki whispers. "I can't shake the feeling that she was there while I was under the control of Thanos. She could have been in the cell next to mine and I wouldn't even have known it." He sinks down in the chair feeling utterly helpless knowing he can't just fix this with magic. Your skill was too strong and can easily block him from your mind. "I'm sure it can be fixed Loki. We just got to figure out exactly what happened to her and maybe just give her memory a jog. She will be back in your arms in no time brother." Thor beamed in hopes to reassure Loki in his time of need. Loki half smiled and started to hug his brother when he heard you through the speakers. You were asleep but having a nightmare of your encounter with the mad titan.

"Such a useful talent wasted on a pathetic creature like yourself. You may be Asgardian but the lowest of their kind." He growls as he places the sharp scepter just below your collarbone. Whimpering at the sting of the metal ripping your skin.

Loki could hear your whimpers and made his way to the room your cell was in Thor following behind. "Loki no you can't go in there I know you want to help her but you could startle her and end up injured." He semi whispers as Loki goes over to the control board. "I don't care she needs help I'm the only one who can." Loki opens the glass barrier and rushes to your side. "Hush now my sweet it's only a dream. I'm here my love Loki's here." He mumbles into your skin. Your eyes dart open at the mention of his name. You use your magic to throw him against the glass causing it to crack. He moans while trying to get up "(Y/n) please stop this. Please" he gasps as you raise him off the ground and slowly crush him. Thor alerts the team to Loki's distress with the alarm system. He tries to enter the cell but is quickly stopped by Loki's plea. "Thor no I can do this ." He pants while still being crushed by your hand. "Why won't you two leave me alone! I've told you I don't know you." "But you do. I'm your beanpole and your my sweet, my love, my little one. Your birthday is..., you like sweetener in your tea instead to sugar, you love the rain. I can tell you so much more about yourself darling. You may not remember us but we remember you." He whizzes slowly loosing consciousness. You freeze at his words "how do you know this much about me?" You say while putting him back on the ground. "I know none of this makes sense right now but we were married. 70 midgardian years to be exact." He says as he slowly gets up and approaches you. His hand outstretched going for your cheeks. You are motionless as his fingers brush against your skin. Your eyes widen as he pulls you into a hug. His scent was oddly familiar to you. Cedar wood and lemon. His words still buzzing in your brain as the rest of the team finally make it to the cell room ready to fight. They all lower their weapons at the sight of Loki hugging you. "We are good here guys sorry to wake you." Loki chuckles as his chest vibrates against your head. He was considerably taller then you, that's were the pet name little one comes from. You start to pull away from the hug and look up at him studying his handsome features. He brushes hair from your face without breaking eye contact. His eyes were still a bit puffy from crying but the tear stains were gone. He starts back for the door of the cell before conjuring up at bed for you. "I could have done that myself." You say as Loki nods. "I know but I know just the way you like it." A small smile on his lips as he turns to leave. You catch his arm just before he was out of your reach. "Would you be able to tell me what happened to me before I got to the Grandmaster?" "I sure can. But I'll let you rest my dearest."

"Damn it Loki she could have killed you." Thor huffs as they make their way back to their rooms. "Yeah her magic is extremely strong" Wanda says with a yawn. "You really know how to pick them huh Loki" Tony teases. This cause Loki to tense up, "she wasn't always like this. Whatever Thanos did changed her. I'll kill him for what he did. Even if I have to do it with my bare hands." Loki growls as the team backs away from him to give him space. "Hey at least she seemed accepting of your hug." Steve says breaking the thick silence. Loki peers over his shoulder before entering his room, "yeah at least there's that." with a ghost of a smile on his lips.