The Surprise

After the fight you were slowly working through your emotions. Some days were good some were bad but Loki and the team were right by your side through all of it. You both got ready for bed and slide into the sheets. "I got a surprise for you my love." Loki hums turning off his light. "Oh really? I must have been a good girl in order to get a surprise." You giggle cuddling close to his chest. "A very good girl. I'm taking you somewhere tomorrow. Care to guess where?" "Hmmm horseback riding?" "Nope." "Shopping?" "No it's something very familiar." "I don't know please tell me." You say looking up at him. He bends down to rub his nose against yours. "I'm taking you home." "Home? We're going home?" You ask excitedly as Loki cups your cheeks. "Yes little one we are going back home but only for a few days. Is that ok?" "Oh yes Loki that's fine. I would be happy with just one hour back home." You give him a kiss and hold him tight. "I'm glad. I have to show you to mother and father. They will be ecstatic that you're alive and I was thinking maybe we could plan our vow renewal ceremony. How does that sound?" "Sounds great Loki. I'm so happy right now." You giggle wiggling in his arms. "I love you little one." "I love you beanpole." You smile against his chest as you feel his annoyed sigh escape his lungs.

"Wake up my love today's the day." Loki hums as he gently shakes you. "Mmmm five more minutes." You groan rolling over to face away from him. "No dear wife time to get up." He softly kisses all over your face and your eyes flutter open. "There she is. Looking beautiful as always." He smiles looking down at you. "Now up and atom little one. We are going home today." "Can't wait." You say through a yawn as you get up from the bed. You saunter off to the bathroom to shower and get ready. "May I come in?" Loki asks as he knocks on the door. "Yeah I'm almost done." He comes in and you scoot over so he can use the mirror. He looks at you lovingly through the mirror. "Take a picture it lasts longer." You tease as you apply your lipstick. "I just might." He chuckles as an odd flash illuminated the vanity space. "What was that?" You ask rubbing your eyes. "I took a picture like instructed to do. And now it's my phones background. We need to get you a phone." "What's a phone?" "A tech device that allows you to talk to someone when they aren't around. See." He presents his phone and you see the picture on the screen. "That's neat." "Yep." He follows you out of the bathroom and you stand in front of the large mirror trying to decide what to wear. "How's this?" You turn to Loki to show your dark blue Asgardian gown with a slit up the side that stops mid thigh. "Absolutely breathtaking." He coos as his hands rest on your hips. "Well I'm ready then if you are. Is Thor coming?" "Yeah he's coming. He should be ready by now. Let's go little one." You make it up to the roof to see Thor and the team waiting. "Ah there you two are." Thor says stepping away from the group. "How long will you be gone?" Bucky asks as you pull away from his hug. "I've been told only for a few days. Don't miss me too much." You giggle as he takes your hand and kisses it. "I'll always miss you. You're my doll." "Oh don't let Loki hear that. See you soon Bucky." "See you (Y/N)" he says as he lets you go for you to take your place next to the brothers. "Bye guys be back in a few days. Heimdall we are ready" Thor says before you're engulfed in the bifrost beam.

You cling to Loki since it's been a long time since you used the bifrost. "I got you don't worry." He holds you close to him till your feet feel solid ground. "My princes and princess welcome home." Heimdall says as he closed the portal. You run up to the gatekeeper and hug him tight. "I missed you Heimdall." "I missed you too princess. I'm sorry my sight couldn't find you after your fall." "I was bouncing from place to place pretty fast so I understand why you couldn't see me. No worries because I'm here now." You smile as you look up into his golden eyes. "Glad to have you back princess." The three of you walk cross the rainbow bridge on your way to the palace. "I see it's been fixed." You nervously giggle as you slowly approach the dreaded spot. "Thor you go on ahead we'll meet with mother and father later but don't tell them about (Y/N) it's a surprise." Loki says and Thor nods. You both stop at the spot and look down into the void that you disappeared into all those years ago. Your grip tightens on Loki's hands and your breathing becomes labored as the painful memories creep into your mind. He cradles your head against his lips as he softly kisses your temple. "It's ok my love you're back now." You nod against him and he leads you away from the edge.

"Wait out here I'll come get you after I announce you." Loki says as you reach the throne room doors. The doors open and Loki walks in. "Loki prince of Asgard All Father and Mother." A guard says as Loki makes his way up to his parents thrones. "Son what kept you? Did you not arrive with Thor?" Odin asks as Loki gets up from kneeling. "Yes I arrived with Thor but I had to prepare a surprise for you guys." "A surprise? What kind of mischief have you been spreading?" Frigga teases sitting up in her chair. "No mischief no tricks just a surprise." Loki hums as he walks back to the doors. "Mother, father, I present (Y/N) princess of Asgard." He says proudly as he takes your hand and leads you into the room. They both gasp and rise to their feet as you walk up to the throne. You kneel as the both quickly make their way to you. "Hello mother, father, did you miss me?" You giggle as tears spill over your cheeks. They both embrace you in a tight warm hug. "How can this be?" Odin asks looking over at Loki. "We'll tell you over dinner." Frigga kisses all over your face before letting you go. "My beautiful daughter has retuned. We should have a grand celebration. I'll tell the chef to make your favorite dish for dinner. How does that sound lovely?" "Sounds good mother." "I bet your tired from your travels go rest awhile." You nod as she goes off to prepare things for the homecoming celebration. "Would you like to rest my love?" Loki asks placing his hand on the small of your back. "Yeah I forgot how the bifrost can drain you if you're not used to it." "Well we can't have a tired princess now can we. Let's get you to bed." He coos as he picks you up bridal style. "See you a dinner father." Odin nods and you wave to him causing a smile to creep on his lips.

Loki lays you down on the bed in your shared room in the palace. "Would you like to sleep or just lay here?" "Laying here is fine but it would be better with cuddles." You stretch out your arms and make a grabbing motion with your hands. Loki nods and lays on top of you carefully positioning his weight so he doesn't crush you. "It nice being home." You hum as you run your fingers through his hair. "Sure is little one. Since we don't have anything planned to do till dinner want to plan the ceremony?" "Sure but when are we going to tell mother and father our plans?" "Tonight a dinner." You nod and start to go over what you both want. "Who do you want to invite. These things are a lot smaller then a wedding." "I want the team here. how about you?" "Oh good because I want Bucky to walk me down the aisle since father isn't here." You say softly as Loki holds you tight. "Whatever you want little one. Do you want to write our own vows?" "Yes I do." "Great because I have a few ideas of what I want to say." Loki says as he rolls over and pulls you on top of him. His hands rub up and down your back as get comfortable against his chest. You continue to talk about the ceremony and reception for a while till a servant says dinner will be ready soon. You both get ready Loki in is formal armor and you in a beautiful golden Asgardian gown. "Loki where is my tiara?" You ask rummaging around in your mirrored vanity drawers. "I sent it off with your funeral remember me telling you?" "Oh yeah I guess I remember now." You giggle.