A Song, a Story and a Ring

Loki turns on the shower as you carefully listen to his instructions this time. "Ta-dah" he chuckles before leaving you to undress. You pull off your pajamas and notice yourself in the mirror. Your scar on your abdomen looking nasty as usual. It was healed but the scar tissue didn't form corectly leaving a trail of peaks and valleys in the skin. You shake the self-pity away and get into the warm shower. "Loki you can come in now." You call from the closed door. Loki walks in and sits up on the vanity so he can see you. The shower door only covers from about the knees to your neck which makes talking to each other easy. "So the song, it was the song that was playing when I proposed to you." "Oh really? Was it just randomly on or was it something we heard before?" "We heard it before. It was here actually when we would visit Thor. It was on the radio and you liked it so much after one listen. You had me listen to it and I really liked it too." "That's cool that I somehow remembered the melody." You say as you wash your body and hair. "Just another piece to the puzzle." He hums watching you dip your head back to the stream of water to rinse the shampoo out of your hair. You turn off the water and grab the towel to wrap around yourself before stepping out of the shower. "Oh want me to go?" Loki asks noticing you're getting out. "No your fine the towel is covering me." You smile stepping up to the vanity Loki was sitting on. He scorches over to give you some counter space. "Tell me about how you proposed. Like was it public, private, at dinner? More details please." You start to brush your teeth as Loki continues with the story. "Well first off I asked your father and mother for their blessing. Your mother was excited but your father took some convincing but my silver tongue got him to agree. There was a feast in honor of your father for being an accomplished general at the palace. Which was good because I didn't need to make up an occasion for you to have dinner with me. After dinner we snuck away to the library, our favorite spot in the palace. I had a fire and music ready and we cuddled on the couch there just enjoying each others company. Then the song came on and you got really excited which caused my heart to explode because you were so cute. That's when I decided it was now or never. I got down on my knee and opened the ring box and said please. I was going to say more but you immediately said yes tackling me to the ground giving me kisses. I set you up in my lap as I slipped the ring on your finger." While Loki told the story he took your hand in his rubbing his fingers over where your ring should have been. "That was beautiful Loki. Can you describe the ring to me?" "Of course. It was a braided gold band with a large square cut emerald in the middle. You kinda picked it out." He chuckles. You raise your eyebrow to him waiting him to elaborate. "We were shopping with Thor and passed a jewelry display the ring caught your eye. You pulled me over to take a look and I saw how much you loved it saying it would always remind you of me since it was my colors. I went back the next day and bought it while Thor distracted you with something." You were finished with your hair and makeup when Loki was done talking and he followed you back into the room. "I got to get dressed now so if you don't mind." You say as Loki quickly covers his eyes and faces away from you. You conjure a blue causal dress and black tights on your body and then a surprise for Loki. "You can look now." You say holding the ring in your hand for him to notice it. "Is this the ring you described?" You giggle knowing full well it was. "My love you had it all this time?" He gasps as you put it in his hand. "Yes, I had it on when I woke up on Sakaar but didn't know what it was. I kept it in a safe place until I could figure out what it was and now I know." Loki's eyes were welling up with tears happy that you kept it safe all these years. He hands it back to you but you shake your head and gave it back. "Do you not want it anymore?" He asks with pain in his tone. "Of course I want it but only when I remember you again. Can you keep it for me until then?" "Yes you have my word." He says as the ring disappears to a safe magical place. "Great because I expect you to propose to me again." You tease giving him a coy wink. He chuckles as he runs his hands through his hair. "So now that we are dressed for the day what are we going to do?" "Oh I have a lot planned for you my lady." He coos leading you out of your room. "I hope it's fun." "Fun is my middle name." He says offering you his arm as you walk down the hall.