Chapter 11. A blow to the crotch

-Cara-

"Cara!"

A voice in the distant was calling for her and she knew it was Keegan. She just couldn't take her eyes of the threat hiding on the other side of the crowd. The man was still looking at her. He then turned around and it looked like he was talking to someone else. He then redirected his gaze back to her.

Who is he? She wondered and felt a seed of fear plant itself inside of her. Accompanying her churning stomach, it made her feel a bit nauseous.

"Cara!" Keegan's stressed voice called out after her again.

Cara looked over to where the calls were coming from. Keegan sounded a bit worried. Like he couldn't see her. She caught a glimpse of him in the crowd, and he was indeed looking for her. His green eyes were searching through the crowed meticulously but he did not seem to be able to find him. Cara was too distraught by the man whom was obviously stalking her to care about Keegan. She turned her eyes back to him.

A hand grabbed her left shoulder and turned her to the left a bit roughly. Keegan was standing in front of her with concern glowing in his eyes. Cara quickly turned her head towards the man again. But now he was gone.

"What are you looking at?" Keegan looked the same way she did, then at her again when he clearly couldn't see what she was looking at. "Do not walk away like that!" He said something, a warning tone rested in his voice. Cara did not say anything. She needed to know who that man was and why he was staring at her like she was prey. A offended sigh left Keegan when she ignored him.

"Cara? Are you even listening to me?" Keegan grabbed her chin like he had done in the woods when he had crawled down to her in the hole beneath the tree. He forced her to look at him and she met the emerald eyes a bit hesitatingly. She did not want to lose herself in them right now.

"Cara. I mean it. Look at me."

-Keegan-

His heart was still beating fast from the distress of losing her among all of these people.

Cara was not paying him any attention and it was starting to irritate him. It was not like he craved her attention, but because the longer she ignored him the more it seemed like something had happened to her. She was not responsive at all, and people were starting to notice that he had brought someone new to the village.

The merchants paid them no notice since they were busy with their business, but the others in the village were just now realizing that they knew him but not her. Keegan watched as a friend of his mother whispered something to her husband as they walked past him and Cara.

"Cara. Come on. We are leaving." He said calmly with his eyes looking for other curious glares from others. He placed his hand on her shoulder once more in an attempt to wake her from whatever trance she had went into.

No reaction.

Suddenly she just walked off towards the direction she had been looking in.

"Hey!" He called after her but the same man who had almost run her over appeared and blocked Keegan's way. "Really?" He sighed and gave the man an annoyed look.

Cara disappeared into the crowd whilst Keegan made his way around the cart and went after her.

"Cara!" He yelled. "For fuck's sake! What the hell is she doing?"

A woman looked at him with shocked eyes him as he cursed so loudly. Normally he would have apologized but he had no time. Cara had completely disappeared out of his line of sight now and he could feel a storm of anger and frustration boil inside of him.