Chapter 34. Release

*Warning: Pure smut chapter*

(I still hope you like it though lol)

-Cara-

Keegan's jaws clenched but his face broke into a soft smile after a couple of seconds. Cara couldn't help but to smile back. Would he ever get over his shyness? Or whatever it was that caused him to be so careful around her.

"So, you didn't mean for you friends to be here?" She asked in an attempt to start a conversation with him. He had already answered this question, but they had fallen into a moment of silence, which they often did when neither of them knew what to say next. At times they just turned silent, and it wasn't weird, it was just nice. But Cara felt like he had brought her here for a reason and that Keegan might need a little help with the communication.

She placed her arms around her legs and turned her head towards her company and studied him without looking away when he met her gaze. It was easy to read in his face that he still felt bad about the whole witch-thing with his mother.

The red headed young man shook his head slowly. She had to fight the urge to bite down on her lip when the green eyes met hers. A smile appeared on his lips again. Cara swallowed as her heart started beating faster because of it. How could a simple smile do this to her?

"What did you have in mind then?" She wondered and turned her eyes back to the lake. Although, she could feel Keegan's gaze still on her. It felt like a pleasant buzzing sensation on her skin.

"In mind?" He asked puzzled. "Did you think I had something-"

"I am teasing." Cara cooed him and winked playfully at him.

"I'd rather be free of your teasing." Keegan answered with glowing eyes and a crooked smile. "If it was up to me, I'd be free of my mother and siblings' teasing as well."

"I bet you would." Cara chuckled and drew a deep breath. She laid down in the grass and studied the branches of the birches around them. They swayed softly above them and looked like a green ocean.

"I wanted to take you here so I could apologize, properly." Keegan began after yet another moment of silence. Cara looked at him. He hesitated before he continued. The poor guy clearly struggled with putting the words together in his mind. "I need you to know that I never thought you were a witch, Cara." He mumbled and looked at the lake. His face was grave and she could tell that he needed to get this out of his system. "This isn't an excuse to why I did it, because I know that you don't want to hear it; but.. sometimes it is easier to just do as my mother says than... No, I'm doing it even though I... Shite. Argh... No, fuck it. I'm sorry! That is simply what I wanted to say." He babbled quietly and exhaled heavily when he was done.

Cara felt really bad for him. He had tried to apologize for what felt like the millionth time, and she couldn't stand seeing him struggle like this. She reached her arm out and stroked the outside of his thigh faintly with her index finger, urging him to look at her. Keegan's eyes dropped to her finger and then traced it back to her arm and then her face.

"I forgive you." She said softly and smiled at him. Keegan's shoulders relaxed and the expression in his face became almost serene. "Do not do it again-" Before she had constructed the rest of the sentence, Keegan started moving closer to her. Within the second he was leaning over her. Then he caught her by surprise when he suddenly, but gently, grabbed her by her chin.

"What are you doing?" She asked quietly and met his gaze. He didn't answer her, instead he lowered his face closer to hers. His face hovered above hers, very close, but he didn't do anything. They stayed like that for a minute, without saying anything.