Chapter 22. Another fight

-Cara-

Cara turned to where the voice came from.

Next to her, with his arm propped against the door, leaning down towards her, stood a man.

He looked to be the same age as Keegan but not as nice. A pair of blue eyes, shaded with severe intoxication studied her intensely from top to toe.

He looked like the type of person who was full of himself, especially due to the very arrogant grin spreading across his lips as he simultaneously continued studying her with a very... objectifying gaze. Cara felt like a piece of meat behind the counter in a store, being devoured through the glass divider.

"Leaving already?" His breath smelled of meat burps and whatever alcoholic beverage he seemed to have bathed in. It was hard not to gag but she managed.

Cara forced herself to smile faintly at him, but also very quickly. The smile didn't reach her eyes. The universal signal that a girl wanted to be left alone, but not be a bitch about it. Even though it was completely up to her.

However, Cara thought it was best to keep a friendly face on since she didn't quite know how things worked around here, and this man's view on women seemed more than outdated.

She reached for the door handle again but he drunkenly waved his hand in front of her to gain her attention.

"I said hello." He said, irritated that she hadn't answered him.

Cara threw a nervous look in Keegan's direction.

He was busy with his friends and right when she looked he was just finishing his second tankard of ale.

Cara swallowed nervously and figured  help wasn't coming. Had he even seen her? Or was he pretending not to see her so he could just go about what he was doing?

"Are you deaf or something? Or are you a mute?" The man asked and grabbed her upper arm hard. He swung her around so she was facing him, squeezing her arm tightly.

"Ow!" She exclaimed, surprised that he dared to lay his hand on her. "What the fuck is your problem?" She hissed in English.

Fuck... she thought when she realized that she changed language.

"So you do speak? Just not the common tongue..." The man said surprised and smirked viciously at her. "Too bad, I've never been with a mute."

He spoke too quickly and slurred so much that Cara couldn't understand him. Whatever he said, it wasn't good news. That much she understood from his tone.

"Let go!" She yelled instinctively in English, as he pulled her closer to himself.

"A foreigner?" He chuckled unpleasantly. He must not have noticed her speaking English earlier. "You'll be a first after all..."

Cara tried to jerk herself free but the man pushed her up against the door, locked her arm above her headed and held her there without breaking a sweat. She turned her face to look at Keegan again, but he was still distracted by his friends and Ms. Goldy Locks. Jared served him a third tankard.

Jeez, how drunk is he planning on getting? Put it down and help me you asshole! She screamed internally.

Panic surged through her body when another attempt to free herself from the man's grip failed. She tried to shout at Keegan or Flynn for help, but her body did not respond. 

The creep pulled her closer and there was nothing she could do about it. He was really strong and not in control of how hard he was holding her, she could barely feel her fingers by now.